NiMH batteries 2000 --> 2500 ok?

Wyn42

Sometimes the el cheapo high-capacity batteries don't live up to their full capacity.

Also, NiMHs are known for pretty high self-discharge, i.e. they will discharge even when sitting on their own not in a device. There are now "ultra low self discharge" NiMHs, but typically at lower capacities.

I haven't seen a 2000 mAh non-ULSD NiMH in AGES. At 2000 mAh capacity, by any chance are they ULSD (aka hybrid aka "pre-charged")?

Given a choice between 2000 mAh ULSDs and far higher capacity normals, I'll take the ULSDs for most situations to avoid needing frequent "topoffs" in low-use devices.

I haven't seen a 2000 mAh non-ULSD NiMH in AGES. At 2000 mAh capacity, by any chance are they ULSD (aka hybrid aka "pre-charged")?

Probably not. Mine measured only 322 mAh "out of the box"; typically you can expect to get 75-80% for the hybrids under those conditions (by comparison, 8 eneloops I recently checked averaged 1474 mAh out of the box). Before giving up on the Garmins, though, I'll check their long term self-discharge.