Anasazi Geocoin Spirit Dweller

tsunrisebey

those are really cute Stephanie

one question though ..... what's a UTE?

They are a Native American tribe and the red/black/white is to honor the University of Utah Utes colors. Starting to see a theme now? :D

Yes I see a theme. :D all these cool coins will be at geocoinfest and I won't!!! :laughing::D

You should have skipped MWGB instead :D;)

They are a Native American tribe and the red/black/white is to honor the University of Utah Utes colors. Starting to see a theme now? :laughing:

Yes I see a theme. ;) all these cool coins will be at geocoinfest and I won't!!! :D:D

You should have skipped MWGB instead :laughing:;)

Hey you wench!! Its you who should have been at MWGB!!! :D:laughing::D

They are a Native American tribe and the red/black/white is to honor the University of Utah Utes colors. Starting to see a theme now? :ninja:

Yes I see a theme. :ninja: all these cool coins will be at geocoinfest and I won't!!! :D:laughing:

You should have skipped MWGB instead :laughing:;)

Hey you wench!! Its you who should have been at MWGB!!! :D:laughing::D

It was a tough decision, Ohio is such a beautiful state with so many things to do ;):D

They are a Native American tribe and the red/black/white is to honor the University of Utah Utes colors. Starting to see a theme now? :ninja:

Yes I see a theme. :ninja: all these cool coins will be at geocoinfest and I won't!!! :laughing::ninja:

You should have skipped MWGB instead :ninja:;)

Hey you wench!! Its you who should have been at MWGB!!! ;):laughing::D

It was a tough decision, Ohio is such a beautiful state with so many things to do :ninja::D

Well being only 60 miles from my home and tenting in a huge rainstorm really appealed to me at the time.... :D:D

I think that TMA would love your comment though!! :ninja::laughing:

The word Anasazi is generally applied to ancestors of the Pueblo peoples of the Southwestern United States. Specifically Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado. Great Pueblo Period (A.D. 1100 to A.D. 1300). They were farmers of this vast arid area. Below are a couple of pictures; #1 are the ruins in Mesa Verde, Colorado (which I visited as a kid and can remember how this placemade me feel at a very young age). #2 is an old Anasazi Fort ruin (which used ladders to climb inside as to easily pull them in if enemies were to attack).

mesa_verde.jpg

fort_ruins.jpg

Early Navajo Kokopelli rock art.

kokopelli-300.jpg

Kokopelli made his first appearance during the Great Pueblo period. He has since shown up among other Native people's art. General folklore is that Kokopelli is a fertility diety but if you were to do some more Kokopelli research you'll find the Kokopelli to be a bit more complicated and debated than the prevailing knowledge most people believe him to be. Not all flute playing characters are Kokopellis.

Anyhow, the story of how my Kokopelli came to be is somewhat a year and a half in the making. One of the first group of designs I ever did included a Kokopelli design. At one point I even offered it to The Caching Place but Georgia loves Kokopelli and she had plans of her own for a Koko. I was then asked to help another cacher design a Koko for a geocoin. A year had gone by since I drew the design and since I hadn't used it, I offered the shape portion to the cacher. I worked on the drawings for the cacher and then eventually they chose not to mint a Koko coin. It's been close to another year and Koko has sat in my pile of drawings. Then Geocoinfest is approved for Utah, I decide I am going to be a vendor. I pull Koko back out and I tweak the internal drawings again to make it special for the event.

So the Anasazi Geocoin Spirit Dweller is playing his magical flute, beckoning you to come to Geocoinfest where he will greet you in all his ancestoral honor. The back side won't be revealed until Geocoinfest. However, it's very much related to the pictures above :laughing: Kokopelli will guide the way if you listen to his music. The Anasazi Geocoin Spirit Dweller's magical tunes will be floating on the air where the fertility powers of geocoins will be highly empowered. Don't resist the Anasazi's call, their spirits have now been partially captured in geocoin form :D Kokopelli has called them home.

AnasaziSetSamples002.jpg

2" x 1-1/2". 3mm thick, 1 gem, trackable w/ unique icon. Mintings to be determined. Additional Anasazi geocoins will be available after GCF on the webstore. More details posted as decisions are made.

tsun :D

-----------------------------

One word: AWESOME

sorry I can't make it to GCF...

...although your comment (below) about Ohio made me LOL

;)

The word Anasazi is generally applied to ancestors of the Pueblo peoples of the Southwestern United States. Specifically Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado. Great Pueblo Period (A.D. 1100 to A.D. 1300). They were farmers of this vast arid area. Below are a couple of pictures; #1 are the ruins in Mesa Verde, Colorado (which I visited as a kid and can remember how this placemade me feel at a very young age). #2 is an old Anasazi Fort ruin (which used ladders to climb inside as to easily pull them in if enemies were to attack).

mesa_verde.jpg

fort_ruins.jpg

Early Navajo Kokopelli rock art.

kokopelli-300.jpg

Kokopelli made his first appearance during the Great Pueblo period. He has since shown up among other Native people's art. General folklore is that Kokopelli is a fertility diety but if you were to do some more Kokopelli research you'll find the Kokopelli to be a bit more complicated and debated than the prevailing knowledge most people believe him to be. Not all flute playing characters are Kokopellis.

Anyhow, the story of how my Kokopelli came to be is somewhat a year and a half in the making. One of the first group of designs I ever did included a Kokopelli design. At one point I even offered it to The Caching Place but Georgia loves Kokopelli and she had plans of her own for a Koko. I was then asked to help another cacher design a Koko for a geocoin. A year had gone by since I drew the design and since I hadn't used it, I offered the shape portion to the cacher. I worked on the drawings for the cacher and then eventually they chose not to mint a Koko coin. It's been close to another year and Koko has sat in my pile of drawings. Then Geocoinfest is approved for Utah, I decide I am going to be a vendor. I pull Koko back out and I tweak the internal drawings again to make it special for the event.

So the Anasazi Geocoin Spirit Dweller is playing his magical flute, beckoning you to come to Geocoinfest where he will greet you in all his ancestoral honor. The back side won't be revealed until Geocoinfest. However, it's very much related to the pictures above :rolleyes: Kokopelli will guide the way if you listen to his music. The Anasazi Geocoin Spirit Dweller's magical tunes will be floating on the air where the fertility powers of geocoins will be highly empowered. Don't resist the Anasazi's call, their spirits have now been partially captured in geocoin form ;) Kokopelli has called them home.

AnasaziSetSamples002.jpg

2" x 1-1/2". 3mm thick, 1 gem, trackable w/ unique icon. Mintings to be determined. Additional Anasazi geocoins will be available after GCF on the webstore. More details posted as decisions are made.

tsun :grin:

-----------------------------

One word: AWESOME

sorry I can't make it to GCF...

...although your comment (below) about Ohio made me LOL

:)

Which coin is on the bottom right...If anyone would be able to pick one up for me I would be happy to pay for it and the shipping, from you, and throw in a Kathy's coin for your trouble.

ILYK

I'll post this link in other threads over the next couple of weeks. I've been asked to put a list of coins together so those who aren't attending can have those who are, pick up coins for them.

I will load pictures for each edition over the weekend as I have time.

http://tsunrisebey.googlepages.com/geocoinfest2009

Thanks, see ya there! :rolleyes: I will be the guy with a huge wad of dollar bills in my pocket. :)

Thanks, see ya there! ;) I will be the guy with a huge wad of dollar bills in my pocket. :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting me know otherwise I might have thought you were just happy to see my coins :)

I don't do table dances either figured I'd better cover all the bases just in case :grin:

Edited by tsunrisebey
I'll post this link in other threads over the next couple of weeks. I've been asked to put a list of coins together so those who aren't attending can have those who are, pick up coins for them.

Am I to assume that "Pax" is not making his debut at GCF? :D ...or are you holding out a bit?

Am I to assume that "Pax" is not making his debut at GCF? :P ...or are you holding out a bit?

Nope he is staying home :lol: So are the Baby ET's. I ran out of $$$ and time and just decided to keep my head about me, lol. I figure 3 new designs plus the reminted stuff is plenty. Some people need to buy groceries ya know :D

Edited by tsunrisebey

groceries? oh yeah, I heard of those... but they are for the other folks that don't have a coin addiction! :lol:

That's no joke. I figure this event is gonna cost me a paycheck, and Ms. Tsun is going to get about 75% of it. :D Good thing -Eleanor- has a great job . . . .

If your cupboards end up bare, let me know... I'll share some of my nutella :P (but not all of it)

Thanks, see ya there! :P I will be the guy with a huge wad of dollar bills in my pocket. :lol:

Darn- it looks like I picked the WRONG GCF to be my 1 and only :D

do you only take hands full of cash at gcf or are there other exceptable forms of payment?

i am not sure if i can carry that much cash in my sleeping bag that will be in front of your table starting on thursday. :)

I'll have my computer, so people can use paypal too :D Money orders and on a very slim scale for those I know, personal checks (just leave it blank though :P)

I just went through these again for the umpteenth hundredth time and narrowed my shopping cart down to $250! :P I'll just call it an even $50 shipping and handling and round it off at $300!

I'll email you my order and expect a paypal invoice soon! :P

:D See how easy this will work!? ... no lugging them things across state lines, no throwing out your back trying to carry extra weight, you can sleep better at night knowing Moop will be able to eat cause you didn't have as many coins for him to spend his money on! Not to mention you'll be able to socialize and enjoy yourself instead of working so hard throughout the weekend! :)

:o sounds good huh?

Hey Stephanie,

Since your going to have your computer, can you take a picture of your table, your new earth turtle banner, and all the coins before the crowd comes swooping in there and buying them all so we can see what we missed and have ourselves a really good whining session here : )

I just went through these again for the umpteenth hundredth time and narrowed my shopping cart down to $250! :D I'll just call it an even $50 shipping and handling and round it off at $300!

I'll email you my order and expect a paypal invoice soon! :)

:o See how easy this will work!? ... no lugging them things across state lines, no throwing out your back trying to carry extra weight, you can sleep better at night knowing Moop will be able to eat cause you didn't have as many coins for him to spend his money on! Not to mention you'll be able to socialize and enjoy yourself instead of working so hard throughout the weekend! :D

B) sounds good huh?

It sounds like a great plan :D It would be so much easier if you just came to GCF and overdosed on coins like the rest of us :) Speaking of Pete, that guy has been on me like white on rice ;) to get a list of coins put up, asking me what the prices are gonna be, what versions will I have (for the last month or so) he wanted to know how much he needed to take out to mortgage the house :P I could almost hear him from here making lists and processing numbers :lol: (Don't tell him I said this but I think he has a small coin problem).

Now I make no promises but after the dust settles and everyone has got their coin fix and walked off with some sort of precious... I'd watch the store ;) We all know how I like to do sneaky coin stuff :P

Hey Stephanie,

Since your going to have your computer, can you take a picture of your table, your new earth turtle banner, and all the coins before the crowd comes swooping in there and buying them all so we can see what we missed and have ourselves a really good whining session here : )

You betcha! I actually had to talk to myself and say "ok, Stephanie" you're getting just a bit carried away with your booth antics :D" Heck if it were up to me, I'd start setting up the night before and make it a Haunted House set up for Halloween :lol: but that's too much work for me but still deciding on the costume I'm going to wear :o The most fun has been the planning and forcing myself to say "keep it simple girl" and working on stuff here at the house for the booth.

You know it's going to be a good time cause my buddy Yime is right next to me :D Yimes and ET's who could want more? :P

To be honest, I get sick to my stomach before each sale on my webstore (gee, I wonder why, lol) but I think I"m going to be extremely nervous on Saturday but hopefully that subsides after things get rolling.

Either way I'm just excited to see old buddies and meet new ones and a bit sad that some of you all can't make it.

tsun

Ok, I'm buckling down this weekend and trying to get everything ready and prepared for GCF. Having no experience behind the table, I'm trying to anticipate or pretty much guess the best way to go about things. I have revamped my "bringing to GCF" list and set limits to almost all versions. Please read the page carefully, so if you are buying for others, you can plan accordingly.

After 2:00 pm, if you wanted more than what the limits allowed, it will be open to unlimited purchasing. I feel this is the most fair way to do things. It's pretty much a learning experience on my end.

So here ya go. Most people know what the coin looks like, so I'm not going to post any more pictures. Some things will just have to be a surprise ;)

I was geocaching over the weekend and ran across some swag that reminded me of tsun's Anasazi's Geocoin Spirit Dweller. The moment I saw it this coin jumped into my head!

Now, tell me you wouldn't have jumped to this coin yourselves.

eb9dfc2a-e4d7-45a0-a219-cbf810e81fcf.jpg

I was shocked to have found this! Maybe one day I will be able to see a tsunrisebey in person, but seeing as I cannot make it to GCF this year I guess I will have to wait for the extras to go on sale.

By the way, remember everyone there will be so excited to see you and meet the designer of all the coins they have been fighting over :blink: Once you get behind the table I'm sure you will do fine. Good luck and have fun at GCF!

And to everyone else ... well I really really won't like you that day should you be lucky enough to attend. But please have a little bit of fun for those of us who could not make it :unsure:

Just a small update for those who have been asking about these. I'm just taking the rest of this week off from coin related stuff :) and then I'll get busy on remints for everyone.

The versions I brought to GCF sold out pretty fast so I think I'll offer these first as far as remints go. I have decided to open them up via a reservation system, I don't need an angry mob waiting to email me on an F5 frenzy should people miss out :laughing:

I'm not taking names, I'm not keeping a list. I'm going to run the reservations via my store but I need to figure out how to do this first. Worst case scenario, I'll do it like I did in the "old" tsun days :D

I'm not ready right now to do reservations. I am going to make a new set of color combinations and I will probably choose a few of the original colors schemes (except the UTE colors) and mint those in the metals I did not bring with me along with some new color combos.

I will post the pictures when I'm ready and probably give everyone 5 days or so to get orders in. One of the versions will be Christmas colorings :) If I had to guess, I'll probably work on the new colors some time on Sunday and I'll probably have the new samples ready in about 2-3 weeks.

I'll move into the Armadillos next but I'm not sure if I'll do those via reservations. I'll worry about that a bit later. I'll be wrapping up 1 more version of the Hoo Doo (no reservations) and Baby ET's. I think I'll be waiting until 2010 before I release Pax and any more new designs. I've got plenty to keep me busy as it is.

I'll keep the threads updated, my blog, newsletter and FB page too.

tsun :unsure:

Just a suggestion: Cache Addict has a very good reservation method. No money changes hands until coins are in hand. Then he sends out invoices for what you'd reserved. Every one gets the coins they want & there is no F5 frenzy. :ph34r:

Leaving you alone to decompress now...

CF30

I agree. Mike's system is excellent.

Hello tsunrisebey,

Thought you might like to see these:

0f8ed8ca-e44f-42ee-88b0-1677423a867b.jpg

c341e362-992a-45be-93f2-d54c539b2f67.jpg

2e32a1f2-b6c0-4663-a777-6bf4e82b476f.jpg

4dd7085c-c3ef-49bc-8346-5362e134fcde.jpg

The multi-legged one is called an Anthropromorph

The other is called Two-Gods

My Dad got these many years ago on a trip to Utah, he met with a lady that had a Professor and friend that had permission to take impressions of the actual petroglypth’s.

The professor sold these to benefit either a Museum or Preservation Society, when he moved outside of the United States he left the original molds with the lady and she now produces these and others.

These are Petroglyphs:

From Wikipedia

Petroglyphs (also called rock engravings) are images created by removing part of a rock surface by incising, pecking, carving, and abrading. Outside North America, scholars often use terms such as "carving", "engraving", or other descriptions of the technique to refer to such images.

The term petroglyph should not be confused with pictograph, which is an image drawn or painted on a rock face. Both types of image belong to the wider and more general category of rock art. Petroforms, or patterns and shapes made by many large rocks and boulders over the ground

Well you may be asking why I posted this, Dad has a pad in the drawer next to his computer with the wish list of coins on it has the ones my Brother and I want as well as the ones he wants.

On his list Code 3, Yemon-Yime, Anasazi Spirit Dweller, Lady Luck

He did get a Code Three which he wanted ever since he discovered one at the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville, PA but the others stay

Ours has quite a few on it he has just crossed another one out the Candy Skull Geocoin, we did see he got a bubbler a few days ago, HMMM…

My Brother and I are saving to get him some coins on his list for Christmas, so he can cross a few off for himself.

Thanks for the great coin and inspiring our Dad.

Queenie-Boo-Bay and Fredhead

Edited by Fredhead

sorry to take this off topic Tsun but I just have to pipe in here and say that The Finding Irish sure did something right in raising Queenie-Boo-Bay and Fredhead....they are such a considerate kids....two thumbs up : )

oh and I really like Anasazi Spirit Dweller Geocoin too...(had to put that in so my knee caps don't get broken) :ph34r:

Edited by BVnLJ

After some thought, I'd like to get the reservations moving for the Anasazi Spirit Dweller Geocoins. I'm opening only 2 of the original 4 colors for remint and those will be in the new metals. I'm also minting a surprise version called the "Mystery Black and Blue" which means it could be a beautiful version or maybe a version where the Koko got his hiney whipped cause he was messin' with too many of the other guys chicks (he was considered a fertility diety and the romancer of his time you know, lol). The choice is yours on whether or not you want to chance that Mystery version ;)

Please send your orders to the email on the reservation page and not to my regular tsun emails. If you have questions, please post them here or email me and I will do my best to answer.

Right now I'm going to keep reservations open until November 1st (about 8 pm, Montana time -Sunday). Please make sure you understand how to order and what you are ordering and how paying for your coins will work. This is NOT a pre-sale. No money exchanges hands until I have the coins in hand.

Here's the Reservation Page link and a Photo of the 2 Versions plus Mystery wording that can be ordered. I have final say on all sales and everything that entails.

Thanks,

tsun :mad:

Anasazi Reservation Page and Link

AnasaziReservations2009.JPG