Anasazi Geocoin Spirit Dweller

tsunrisebey

The word Anasazi is generally applied to ancestors of the Pueblo peoples of the Southwestern United States. Specifically Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado. Great Pueblo Period (A.D. 1100 to A.D. 1300). They were farmers of this vast arid area. Below are a couple of pictures; #1 are the ruins in Mesa Verde, Colorado (which I visited as a kid and can remember how this placemade me feel at a very young age). #2 is an old Anasazi Fort ruin (which used ladders to climb inside as to easily pull them in if enemies were to attack).

mesa_verde.jpg

fort_ruins.jpg

Early Navajo Kokopelli rock art.

kokopelli-300.jpg

Kokopelli made his first appearance during the Great Pueblo period. He has since shown up among other Native people's art. General folklore is that Kokopelli is a fertility diety but if you were to do some more Kokopelli research you'll find the Kokopelli to be a bit more complicated and debated than the prevailing knowledge most people believe him to be. Not all flute playing characters are Kokopellis.

Anyhow, the story of how my Kokopelli came to be is somewhat a year and a half in the making. One of the first group of designs I ever did included a Kokopelli design. At one point I even offered it to The Caching Place but Georgia loves Kokopelli and she had plans of her own for a Koko. I was then asked to help another cacher design a Koko for a geocoin. A year had gone by since I drew the design and since I hadn't used it, I offered the shape portion to the cacher. I worked on the drawings for the cacher and then eventually they chose not to mint a Koko coin. It's been close to another year and Koko has sat in my pile of drawings. Then Geocoinfest is approved for Utah, I decide I am going to be a vendor. I pull Koko back out and I tweak the internal drawings again to make it special for the event.

So the Anasazi Geocoin Spirit Dweller is playing his magical flute, beckoning you to come to Geocoinfest where he will greet you in all his ancestoral honor. The back side won't be revealed until Geocoinfest. However, it's very much related to the pictures above :ph34r: Kokopelli will guide the way if you listen to his music. The Anasazi Geocoin Spirit Dweller's magical tunes will be floating on the air where the fertility powers of geocoins will be highly empowered. Don't resist the Anasazi's call, their spirits have now been partially captured in geocoin form :D Kokopelli has called them home.

AnasaziSetSamples002.jpg

2" x 1-1/2". 3mm thick, 1 gem, trackable w/ unique icon. Mintings to be determined. Additional Anasazi geocoins will be available after GCF on the webstore. More details posted as decisions are made.

tsun :lol:

Oh Wow!

I love them! Especially thecopper version and the one on the upper left, with gold/red and black.

Unfortunately I will not be ablesto be at the geocoinfest, but if someone would getme such a nice little piper, I'll be glad to trade!

I probably should have clairfied in the 1st post that these are only samples. I am NOT bringing all these versions to GCF :ph34r: I'm trying to decide which one to use for what purpose. One edition will be a fundraiser with a limit if 5 coins. One will be GCF only edition and others will be for GCf and the store. It's a tough choice but you'll probably see them all minted one way or the other over time.

I probably should have clairfied in the 1st post that these are only samples. I am NOT bringing all these versions to GCF :ph34r: I'm trying to decide which one to use for what purpose. One edition will be a fundraiser with a limit if 5 coins. One will be GCF only edition and others will be for GCf and the store. It's a tough choice but you'll probably see them all minted one way or the other over time.

I think that was clear enough, thats why people are posting the information which versions they like most... But they are all beautiful!

sobbing.gif Guess I am out of luck. Having had to picked vacation time for this year over 9 months ago no GCF. And as usual when your coins go on sale I am working and they are long sold out by the time I am done. Koko has long been my favorite. icon_cry.gif

They'll be plenty of Koko's :anicute: besides, I know the person who designed and minted them. I hear she's a fan of nutella and could possibly be bribed ;)

sobbing.gif Guess I am out of luck. Having had to picked vacation time for this year over 9 months ago no GCF. And as usual when your coins go on sale I am working and they are long sold out by the time I am done. Koko has long been my favorite. icon_cry.gif

They'll be plenty of Koko's :anicute: besides, I know the person who designed and minted them. I hear she's a fan of nutella and could possibly be bribed ;)

how many cases and where do i ship them?? :D

how many cases and where do i ship them?? B)

1 jar will be enough and to Montana :D

They'll be plenty of Koko's ;) besides, I know the person who designed and minted them. I hear she's a fan of nutella and could possibly be bribed :D

1 jar will be enough and to Montana B)

I love kokopellis!!! Darn I can't go to GCF and there's no nutella here either! :anicute:

Georgia loves Kokopelli

You got that right, and I absolutely LOVE these!!!! I've known about this coin forever but was sworn to secrecy!! I've been waiting patiently for Stephanie to reveal him :anicute: Very nicely done!!!

Maybe the music of the "Spirit Dweller" will lure a few more of you to Utah for Geocoinfest! :D;)

1 jar will be enough and to Montana :D

nutella.jpg

I'm a big Anasazi fan and Kokopelli and I go way back. So I have to tell you I love #s 1 & 6. Now I have to check this thread regularly to find out when you'll be sikking these guys on us.

Edit: PS Lots of Nutella here and shipping is a cinch.

Edited by Droo

Dag Nabbit Steph! I looked twice for my invoice and still haven't recieved it yet! ... :cry:

:blink: would it be easier for me to just give you a pre-paid credit card and you just take the money when you mint a new coin?...

:cry: I just informed my wife I am spending more money on coins (when they go on sale) and she handed me the classified ads and said "get a second job!" :)

edited to add ....great job !

Edited by LionsLair

I probably should have clairfied in the 1st post that these are only samples. I am NOT bringing all these versions to GCF :blink: I'm trying to decide which one to use for what purpose. One edition will be a fundraiser with a limit if 5 coins. One will be GCF only edition and others will be for GCf and the store. It's a tough choice but you'll probably see them all minted one way or the other over time.

Which Koko versions are you bringing? I noticed you deleted your facebook page, or did you just remove me instead!

I probably should have clairfied in the 1st post that these are only samples. I am NOT bringing all these versions to GCF :) I'm trying to decide which one to use for what purpose. One edition will be a fundraiser with a limit if 5 coins. One will be GCF only edition and others will be for GCf and the store. It's a tough choice but you'll probably see them all minted one way or the other over time.

Which Koko versions are you bringing? I noticed you deleted your facebook page, or did you just remove me instead!

I deleted all the people's names that started with avroair :blink:

I sent you an email.

I've kind layed low on this thread since this design is one that's debuting at GCF and then will be up on my store when I get home. The coins going to GCF have been done for a month and are just waiting to be put in the truck and schlepped to GCF :cry: I even sent in the icon!

I have 2 black/red/white versions going, 1 copper version going and 1 of the purple/green/yellow versions going off the top of my head. They are buried under GCF stuff right now and so I'm not sure exactly. I'll dig them out when things slow down a bit and give everyone the run down in case you need someone to try and get you a version at GCF. I've got so many coin things going on, I've had to keep a list and status for each one so I can keep on top of things. I should have made things simpler and just made 2 coins and that was all, lol. But no, I had to go and get coin design crazy. Oh well, it's my first time so what the heck :cry:

tsun

A couple people asked me which versions I was bringing to GCF so they could plan ahead.I'm attaching a picture and the "official" edition names.

From left to right: 1) Anasazi Gold UTE edition - 25 minted. 2) Anasazi BN Turquoise Edition - 50 minted. 3) Anasazi Golden Spiced Yime Edition - 50 minted (hee hee - no he doesn't know yet and he's vendoring next to me;) 4) Anasazi Copper Nutella Edition - 50 minted. 5) Anasazi Nickel UTE Edition - 50 minted.

** The UTE color editions will not be reminted, those are done specifically for the event. The other color combos will probably be reminted but not in the same metals. I'll more than likely do a remint of the left over editions in the original picture and maybe 1 new color version (like a blue combo).

9609picscoins003.jpg