Big Event

timmo1977

Hi Guys I am considering doing a big event (sponsors, prizes ala Crystal Fairy style) I just want to see how many people would be interested in doing an event like this again? would be over a weekend with accomodation for those who travel from far off (fish eagle!!!!). let us know if you guys would be interested! :ph34r:

Hi Guys I am considering doing a big event (sponsors, prizes ala Crystal Fairy style)

timmo - I remember CF had all sorts of problems with GC.com with his event in Midrand and had to cancel it. After much wrangling it was allowed. I would suggest perhaps that you contact him for some pointers. I am sure he will help you on that score.

Good luck, I would love to attend but that would depend on me being in the country.

Edited by cincol

Hi Guys I am considering doing a big event (sponsors, prizes ala Crystal Fairy style)

timmo - I remember CF had all sorts of problems with GC.com with his event in Midrand and had to cancel it. After much wrangling it was allowed. I would suggest perhaps that you contact him for some pointers. I am sure he will help you on that score.

Good luck, I would love to attend but that would depend on me being in the country.

I remember, and we actualy won that event, the problem there was the fact that they thought they were having an event for the sponsors to gain moneys from the it, the event we would host would be within guidelines of Groundspeak. as for being in the country, just jump on a plane!! :ph34r:

Hi Guys I am considering doing a big event (sponsors, prizes ala Crystal Fairy style) I just want to see how many people would be interested in doing an event like this again? would be over a weekend with accomodation for those who travel from far off (fish eagle!!!!). let us know if you guys would be interested! :P

We're keen for another big event. Had great fun at the last one Crystal Fairy did in Midrand. Maybe you can consider a families category as we cannot keep up with adults only teams.

Hi Guys I am considering doing a big event (sponsors, prizes ala Crystal Fairy style) I just want to see how many people would be interested in doing an event like this again? would be over a weekend with accomodation for those who travel from far off (fish eagle!!!!). let us know if you guys would be interested! :P

We're keen for another big event. Had great fun at the last one Crystal Fairy did in Midrand. Maybe you can consider a families category as we cannot keep up with adults only teams.

good idea! will work on a family 'class' :P

RedGlobe hates these chasing around events…..how about a non competitive category added to your event????

Yeah, chasing doesn't do it for Jors either, but events are good!

I feel the same way, but I do think there is a place for these competitive event caches.

It does seem though that is is the older generation who feels this way. Are we getting to old?

The very first event we went to was the QFC scavenger hunt, and our marriage vows were tested at the event. We also came last (of 5 or 6 teams).

The second one was the Sp"ring event. Very enjoyable, as we just went there to have fun,and did not want to get anywhere in the standings.

I will go again, but not for the competition side.

We would also fall into the non-competitive family category. We prefer the relaxed type of Event, where we get to know fellow geocachers and find some new caches as well. The recent Event at Tswaing is a good example. Even though we missed out on much of the Event, we had such a wonderful relaxed time. We also learnt alot about our natural heritage.

We don't think it is an age thing when it comes to the non-competitive thing - we think it boils down to quality vs quantity.

We are also planning another major Event with a difference....but there is a lot of work to it, so it will take us a few months of prep. Hopefully we'll have it up and running before the end of this year....let's hope so!

Team Ginger is always ready to go caching (well, um - just after October please! hehe).

I am a competitive person by default, I love the adrenalin, but I don't care much about the final positions. Yes, quality is much more important than the quantity. :(

I would therefore attend any event organised, whether competitive or not. We've been in the top 5 and bottom 5 at events - depending on the team and the mood on the day. hehe

I was part of the organising of the Midrand Event too - so could assist if there are questions. It takes a lot of time and planning - especially if you want to place sensible caches that could last after the event.

Be careful about the area you select and good luck!! :D

If it's happening after October - we're definately interested! :)