TOTT?

lolwutalan

Nothing specific.

It's an item you find that makes things easier for you while caching.

eg

A pair of tweezers to remove the log from nano caches.

A pair of disposable gloves to keep your hands clean when retrieving muddy caches

A walking stick or pole, to poke into holes, before you put your arm in to reach the cache

Nothing specific.

It's an item you find that makes things easier for you while caching.

eg

A pair of tweezers to remove the log from nano caches.

A pair of disposable gloves to keep your hands clean when retrieving muddy caches

A walking stick or pole, to poke into holes, before you put your arm in to reach the cache

A couple more

A flashlight for peering into dark places.

An inspection mirror (a small mirror with a pivoting hinge at the end of an extendable bar) for looking in places you can't easily see into.

I will sell you one. :ph34r:

All seriousness aside... a TOTT is anything that you find helps you with either caching in general, or certain types of caching. A pair of tweezers might be just the ticket for removing small or snug logbooks from micros, for example. A flashlight and mirror, as others have already suggested, can come in handy for looking into small, dark areas. In the end, it comes down to whatever works for you.

All seriousness aside... a TOTT is anything that you find helps you with either caching in general, or certain types of caching.

You're not going to link to the metal detector thread? :ph34r:

(I haven't found any more caches with it after the first one BTW. I tried it twice since then without success. Once when I dropped a small cache - container was non metallic, and I managed to eyeball it after a while, and the other time I still have not found the cache, so have no idea if it is metallic)

To the OP : I'm too lazy to search, but I'm talking about the $15 Harbor Freight "metal detector / scanner" sold for detecting nails / staples in lumber.

you forgot the log winder

My first one was this one, made from some paper clips and a Bison tube. Wires are held in place by epoxy putty. I've also made a couple using quilling tools, but don't have pictures available right now. They work much better for nano logs, though

fc9156bf-3fc4-4679-aae6-f985c8303183.jpg