Is it proper to re-visit a cache?

It all depends. Yes you can go back, but unless you drop a coin or something, no need to log it at all. However, if omeone DNFed and you went back then log it as a note. If it's gone, a Needs Maitnence log would be best. On some occasions, the CO will replace it in a different manner and allow previous finders to refind it. The you select 'found it' from the log type list. Hope this helps.

Can you go back to a cache more than once to help move a Tb or coin along, that was placed since you visited? Or, is it a one and done type of thing? If you can go back and re-visit, how do you log it?

I have revisited one of them because I would have been taking a travel bug the opposite way it was wanting to go. I didn't log a second find though since the cache was in the same place. Really, how many times can you find one cache?

Most caches will be a one and done though. I would only expect to revisit a cache in special circumstances.

I have revisited simply because I was walking past one on my way to a new one, and decided to make sure its still in good condition. Doesn't happen often, but sometimes you will find yourself in that situation. Always nice to post a note to the cache page in that case. (a Note log, not another Found It log!)

One comment that you frequently see in logs is, "Nice area. I never knew this existed." But you know darned well that, without a new cache, they'll probably never be back again. So, I think its kind of cool when I see a note like that on one of my caches, reinforcing that I hid the cache in a spot worth revisiting.

Can you go back to a cache more than once to help move a Tb or coin along, that was placed since you visited? Or, is it a one and done type of thing? If you can go back and re-visit, how do you log it?

Yep, you can go back to retrieve or drop a trackable anytime... keep them moving!

Just log it as a note, rather than 'found it'.

I am certain that any travel bug owner would very much welcome you helping the bug get moving!! How very nice of you. As others have said - just log addtional visits as a "note" - after all you can only really "find" it once. After that you just know where it is.

I've got a few coins and TBs out there that I'd love to see someone move, even if they've found the cache before!

One comment that you frequently see in logs is, "Nice area. I never knew this existed." But you know darned well that, without a new cache, they'll probably never be back again. So, I think its kind of cool when I see a note like that on one of my caches, reinforcing that I hid the cache in a spot worth revisiting.

Hmmm. One of the areas we found that we didn't know existed until we found the cache, we've adopted as our morning running trail. We're there every weekday. I think a daily note might be overkill.

Another cache we are effectively stalking, visiting it to get another excuse to walk along the path every weekend night.

How many notes do you think you would want if you were the cache owner of those caches? :ph34r:

Carolyn