coordinates differ on computer and garmin

vermeufs

Hi, I can't seem to solve the following problem. If I enter coordinates in my gps (a garmin etrex venture hc) and make it a waypoint and afterwards download this waypoint from the gps into the computer (mapsource), the computer gives different coordinates for the same waypoint.

For instance, I manually entered N50° 05.178' E004°49.400' and mapsource turned it into N50 05.133 E4 49.380. How is this possible? Both the garmin and mapsource are using the decimal minutes system.

The problem came up when we were trying to find a cache for which we first had to find information in the field, do some calculations and then fill in the right cache coordinate in the gps. But obviously we couldn't find it. Strangely enough, on the computer we could see the exact spot where we should've been looking. Why is there a difference between the garmin and mapsource?

Lots of thanks if you can help me...

Here's a similar problem I had last weekend. On two separate caches, I downloaded the coords to my GPSr using the "Send to GPS" button on the cache page. When looking for the cache(s), we realized that the coords were in fact wrong. When I got home that evening, I confirmed that the wrong coords had been downloaded. Both were about 0.1 off.

Here's a similar problem I had last weekend. On two separate caches, I downloaded the coords to my GPSr using the "Send to GPS" button on the cache page. When looking for the cache(s), we realized that the coords were in fact wrong. When I got home that evening, I confirmed that the wrong coords had been downloaded. Both were about 0.1 off.

Were to coordinates on the cache page wrong or just the coordinates loaded onto your GPSr?