Nuvi 500 - Treasure Chests

I just got my Garmin Nuvi 500 today. I wanted this one because it had the features I am used to from the Nuvi 350 but also the paperless geocaching ability.

I've got a bunch of geocaches that I got from the pocket queries...radius of my home town a route, and radius of another town.

My family is going on vacation on Sunday to Wisconsin Dells so I have loaded a some in so I can see them on our way there.

Well, is it possible to hide or disable the treasure chests from showing up without removing the gpx files? In some cases, I don't want all these chests to get in the way if we are not geo caching.

Suggestions? I don't think I can but it is worth a shot.

Nick

I have been using (and liking) a nuvi 500 for a few months now. I am not certain, but think this would work for you. Get a micro memory card for your nuvi, save your pq's to the memory card, then remove the memory card when not caching. When you want to go caching, just pop the memory card back in. At least it might be worth a try. Good luck.