Biggest Geocache Container

uminski

Nah - This one's the biggest. GC2XZER. Although technically, this is not the container, it's the log book.

Guidelines prohibit signing a log in the woods but it was allowed to approve signing a building. Better yet, a building that was already being signed with boat names since the early 1900s? Cache hiders should never be given grief for nailing things, writing on things, digging things when such "special" cases are allowed that might "influence" one's thinking of what is allowed to be "hidden".

Remember, there is no precedent for hiding a cache.

The game is adaptable when it comes to unique situations. This is a good example of a very unique hide that probably required quite a bit of behind-the-scenes discussion before it came to fruition.

EXACTLY, you just defended what I espoused. Some in this forum need to stop riding users for suggesting anything involving holes, nails, no log, etc when all they have to do is ask HQ for a flyer on anything that looks cool and it will often get the okay.

Personally, I find this cache to be ghastly and an unfortunate usage of a nice spot to place an actual geocache container.

Edited by fbingha

Nah - This one's the biggest. GC2XZER. Although technically, this is not the container, it's the log book.

Guidelines prohibit signing a log in the woods but it was allowed to approve signing a building. Better yet, a building that was already being signed with boat names since the early 1900s? Cache hiders should never be given grief for nailing things, writing on things, digging things when such "special" cases are allowed that might "influence" one's thinking of what is allowed to be "hidden".

Remember, there is no precedent for hiding a cache.

The game is adaptable when it comes to unique situations. This is a good example of a very unique hide that probably required quite a bit of behind-the-scenes discussion before it came to fruition.

EXACTLY, you just defended what I espoused. Some in this forum need to stop riding users for suggesting anything involving holes, nails, no log, etc when all they have to do is ask HQ for a flyer on anything that looks cool and it will often get the okay.

I don't think run-of-the-mill bad hides involved nails and drill holes are likely to pass muster by request, but discussing innovative ideas with a reviewer is always an option and generally the best way to handle a unique situation in terms of actually seeing it come to fruition. Reviewers actually want to publish caches, and I think when people learn to stop seeing them as adversaries, they may find that reviewers are often the ones with the best solutions for implementing creative ideas.

This entire thread is a testament to creative ideas, implemented well, and supported by forum users who love creative ideas that benefit the game.