Retract

Puppy Dawg

Caches get publihed before they're ready...diabling them keeps everyone on their toes. Retracting them is a little less noticable.

I had a cache where there was a typo in the coords, back in my early days. As it was an LPC, lots of people found it with the wrong ones. Others got the right ones before it got retracted. I fought a little, then gave up on getting it published. But 8 people still need their smilies...

Caches get publihed before they're ready...diabling them keeps everyone on their toes. Retracting them is a little less noticable.

I had a cache where there was a typo in the coords, back in my early days. As it was an LPC, lots of people found it with the wrong ones. Others got the right ones before it got retracted. I fought a little, then gave up on getting it published. But 8 people still need their smilies...

From the guidelines: "Your cache should be in place and ready to hunt at the time your cache page is submitted for review. If for any reason it is not ready, please either disable your cache page so that it won’t be seen by the reviewer until ready, or include a "note to reviewer" to explain your special circumstances (for example, waiting for a permit from a land manager)."

If your cache didn't get republished, it must have been at a location where it wouldn't have been published in the first place, had you submitted it with the correct coordinates.

No I mean they didn't get a chance to log.

It works the way it needs to work, to keep people from abusing the system. I'm not saying you were abusing the system, but allowing people to post logs to caches that wouldn't have been published in the first place, had the CO entered the right information, opens up a can of worms.