GPSMAP 60CSx software version 4.00 as of May 26, 2009

Ok, got my D's back :D

Thanks JBnW, seems it just needed the time since it was new. Had it connected to my laptop to fill it with caches for some time and all of a sudden I glanced at some D's nicely lined up.

Now I have 4 meters of accuracy while standing in the middle of my living room, my Vista HCx couldn't do that.

Seems the new MTK chip is not that bad. I have been searching the web for some info about the new chip because I was expecting my 60CSx to be equipped with sirf and a bit scared when I found out it isn't.

But to be honest, everything sounds good to me, so far. It seems like it's a completely new chip, quite different from the one used in the etrex series. Receiption is stated to be excellent and if people are talking about the drift it's always like "will there be drift?" but noone actually experienced it on the new 60CSx.

So unless it's happening to me I've decided to be happy with my MTK-60CSx as of now :P

cheers,

Pulvertoastmann