DNF's on my list not by me

I have a conundrum at the moment that truly baffles me.

I finally loaded my finds in gsak by running my query and found to my astonishment that there are dnf's in there that I have never been to. How is that possible? They are listed under the white not found category. Can somebody set my mind at ease on this?

Is it possible that you did in fact create DNF logs on the wrong cache page by mis-entering a GCxxxx? From time to time I see logs on my caches that I'm pretty sure are wrong, probably from cacher typos.

I recently had a log that went something like, "thanks for the smiley, on to the next". This on a 13 mile tough multicache, that nobody in their right mind would tackle in the current heat and high water conditions. A couple of days later, that cacher had deleted it, presumably to log their real find on whatever cache they actually found.

I finally loaded my finds in gsak by running my query and found to my astonishment that there are dnf's in there that I have never been to. How is that possible? They are listed under the white not found category. Can somebody set my mind at ease on this?

My Finds PQ only contains DNF logs for caches you've already (subsequently) found.

If the cache is white in GSAK, and you've never been to it, most likely cause is you're loading My Finds into an existing DB that already contains some geocaches.

These are caches that are in our area so wouldn't qualify under the data base set. They are also caches that I have never been to at all yet. And I have been a little picky about making sure that I log the right cache so I go back and read the logs I made for that say to make sure I did get the right one logged.

This problem is truly mystifying to say the least. I have never loaded any of our 500-plus finds until this weekend in gsak. Maybe I should have been keeping up with it all along.

Now that I look at that list I see some that have been archived and adopted by other cachers and we have logged those before they were archived and maybe that's the reason they show up that way. But there are bunches that we have never, ever been to nor logged. And, those don't show up on the list.

Do you use GSAK for anything else?

If your GSAK DB that you load the PQ into is empty before you added the My Finds, every cache should be yellow.

Remember that loading a GPX into GSAK merges it with the existing data, not replace.

Another thing you can check is the contents of the My Finds GPX itself. If you don't feel like reading XML, use CacheStats by LogicWeave. In one of the tabs it will show you all your finds.

Edited by Chrysalides

Cache owners have the option to enter secondary waypoints in the cache description in a special table. These can be suggested parking, trailheads, trail intersections, waypoints in a multi, etc. If entered correctly these "child" waypoints are sent along with the main waypoints in the same zip file. I always just drag the intact PQ zip file into GSAK so child waypoints are automatically included.