New series "REMEMBRANCE" I'm initiating, join in

Hi all,

I'm just starting up a series called Remembrance.

Basically placing caches near war memorials currently in west Yorkshire (later the world-Ha Ha Ha (mine is an evil laugh)). If anyone else wishes to place a cache(s) near one crack-on.

I hope it will run in the same vain as Motorway Mayhem, with a common background (poppies from the Royal British Legion website) and a common intro text. I'm having difficulty embedding the last post as a midi file to play on the page (any thoughts, tips?) watch for my listings going live this week (hopefully)

any thoughts direction welcomed

cache-on

e-remes

I hope it will run in the same vain as Motorway Mayhem, with a common background (poppies from the Royal British Legion website)

Good luck with this, but with one caveat;

Please don't use the British Legion Poppy, as their website is quite specific;

"You are responsible for complying with all applicable copyright laws. We permit you to make copies of information on this website as necessary incidental acts during your viewing and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. All other uses are prohibited. Nothing in these terms shall be construed as conferring any right to use any trademark logo patent right or copyright of The Royal British Legion."

The RBL is VERY protective of their Poppy and the caching community have had difficulties with them in the past - I think the Help for Heroes coin was initially going to be an RBL one, but they were so difficult about giving permission to use the poppy that the idea was abandoned!

I hope it will run in the same vain as Motorway Mayhem, with a common background (poppies from the Royal British Legion website)

"You are responsible for complying with all applicable copyright laws. We permit you to make copies of information on this website as necessary incidental acts during your viewing and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. All other uses are prohibited. Nothing in these terms shall be construed as conferring any right to use any trademark logo patent right or copyright of The Royal British Legion."

The RBL is VERY protective of their Poppy and the caching community have had difficulties with them in the past - I think the Help for Heroes coin was initially going to be an RBL one, but they were so difficult about giving permission to use the poppy that the idea was abandoned!

Sorry, I don't mean the ACTUAL RBL poppy but a copyright free field of poppies image from their website. I wasn't very clear on that.here is wht i refer to<br>http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/media/7645/mc_poppy_images_3.jpg

I'm having difficulty embedding the last post as a midi file to play on the page (any thoughts, tips?)

Thought: AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Tip: Please don't!

[Edit] This is my response to *any* background muzak on *any* webpage at all. It is in no way indicative of my thoughts about the Last Post or any other bugle call

Edited by rutson

There's already a Lest We Forget series alive and well in Dorset and its creator, 0nthetrain invites people to take part and extend the series around the country. He might be a good first port of call for advice. Especially as I understand he has contacted appropriate authorities for permissions etc.

Linky for 0nthetrain

Linky for my cache in his series

It's a nice idea, but let's have some continuity, as there are already two or three LWF series, and lots of other caches based upon war memorials. :D

I suspect someone who has time could do a good job of collating all the caches on this type of theme in the country :(

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

There's already a Lest We Forget series alive and well in Dorset and its creator, 0nthetrain invites people to take part and extend the series around the country. He might be a good first port of call for advice. Especially as I understand he has contacted appropriate authorities for permissions etc.

Linky for 0nthetrain

It's a nice idea, but let's have some continuity, as there are already two or three LWF series, and lots of other caches based upon war memorials. :lol:

I suspect someone who has time could do a good job of collating all the caches on this type of theme in the country :(

cheers I'll hold off activating my caches until pending further investigation.

Sorry, I don't mean the ACTUAL RBL poppy but a copyright free field of poppies image from their website. I wasn't very clear on that.here is wht i refer to<br>http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/media/7645/mc_poppy_images_3.jpg

It is NOT Copyright free

As the RBL say:

However, they remain the copyright of The Royal British Legion and you should credit their use, ''Picture courtesy of The Royal British Legion''.

Linky for 0nthetrain

It's a nice idea, but let's have some continuity, as there are already two or three LWF series, and lots of other caches based upon war memorials. :lol:

cheers I'll hold off activating my caches until pending further investigation.

Linky to the Scottish LWF series.

How about a "Remembrance of British Politics before Mrs Thatcher (messed) it all up" series?

Oops..please move to the correct forum...my mistake!

(Edited by moderator to remove potty mouth language)

What, like a "Winter of discontent" cache outside every council depot and a "once there were jobs" cache at the site of every former coal mine?

3722532051_9f93886047_o.jpg

:(

How about a "Remembrance of British Politics before Mrs Thatcher (messed) it all up" series?

Let's not get politcal there are websites dedicated to it. That said I'd rather have Baroness Thatcher in charge than Cyclops.

e-remes

(standing by for lefty incoming)

Let's not get politcal there are websites dedicated to it. That said I'd rather have Baroness Thatcher in charge than Cyclops. Adolf Hitler Boris Jhonson :ph34r:

e-remes

(standing by for lefty incoming)

My bold

Edited by Wintonian