If someone posted an event at a nudeist colony.....

So, a local cacher friend of mine was just part of a Guinness attempt at skinny dipping here in Texas. Porter Texas to be exact. At a nudeist colony.

The question was raised at whyyyy she didn't post an event to draw cachers to the occasion which got me thinking.

Difficulty rating would be a 5 for sure!

Would you GO if a nude event was posted in your area? Do you KNOW a geocacher that would?

Anyone see any problems with posting a nude event? :o

I know of a few guys that would go. Well they would need some persuading but "nude geobabes" would do the trick quite nicely I guess. :)

The odd thing is that I seem to conveniently forget if I know any girls that would apply. But I guess that would make the situation less entertaining.

Seriously: Did you contact nude cacher? :o

Edited by Team Veverca

So, a local cacher friend of mine was just part of a Guinness attempt at skinny dipping here in Texas. Porter Texas to be exact. At a nudeist colony.

The question was raised at whyyyy she didn't post an event to draw cachers to the occasion which got me thinking.

Would you GO if a nude event was posted in your area? Do you KNOW a geocacher that would?

Anyone see any problems with posting a nude event? :o

I'd have no problem with the event listing. I don't know if I'd go or not but I usually take pictures at events. This kind of an event may damper picture activity.

Depends....would this be a Night Caching event?

Binrat

Hmmmm.... Could be. Maybe a weenie errr marshmallow roast. :o OOOoO We could paint stars on our bellies an come as sneetches! :antenna:

draft_lens2319428module12892183photo_1228389915sneetchball.jpgsneetcheats.gif

I should think the difficulty might be harder for YOU considering your line of sight. :)

BTW Missed ya at GW7. I was disappointed to hear you couldn't be there.

Many of our AANR parks are clothing-optional so there's no requirement to undress if you wanted to attend an event at one of them.

My local club, Gymno-Vita is a 'landed' club, meaning that we own the property and it is secure and private, but we have several events each year which invited public can attend. In fact we have public dances and events (for example a yearly circus, the owner of our club runs the Birmingham Zoo and brings interesting critters) where anyone can attend and not be pressured.

My wife and I own shares in a cabin at Cypress Cove Resort in Kissimmee Fl. where the public is welcomed but nudism is required in the pool and spa. I doubt that you could have an event there because of that requirement.

Like geocaching, it's all about having fun. Like geocaching, nudists come from all walks of life, and the majority cannot be called "pretty" or "sexy"... but again like geocaching... it doesn't matter. Looks mean nothing and sex isn't what nudism is about. In fact unless you go peeping in windows you won't see anything sexual at a nudist park. Maybe a couple walking out of the woods with a grin on their face at most... but you're likely to see that at geocaching events and church picnics as well! :o

As was noted above, photography is banned except in certain circumstances.

There are a number of nude beaches and clubs that are not landed, therefore there is no control over who may show up, so to speak, and no control over drugs, alcohol or swingers, all of which are either tightly controlled or prohibited at landed clubs.

Most clubs are couples only, no single men allowed (for obvious reasons), so if you want to have an event at a club be sure that they will allow single men to attend.

Give it a try, if Groundspeak will allow it. I suspect that there are a number of AANR members among us who choose not to speak up in public forums, and there would be many who attend for the experience and find it to be amazingly comfortable and relaxing.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Most clubs are couples only, no single men allowed (for obvious reasons), so if you want to have an event at a club be sure that they will allow single men to attend.

that seems so unfair! surely there are people who prefer to go nude who are not pair-bonded? what about the widowed? the celibate?

...Anyone see any problems with posting a nude event? :(

All kinds of people have all kinds of interests "outside the norm" and for the most part I don't care. Heck having an interest that falls out side the norm is the norm.

Here is the kicker, when it's imposed, instead of something that just is, I'm turned off. I've busted folks skinny dipping and just smiled. World record event for it? Great. Clothing optional hot springs. Hey it's tradition. Mandatory butt nakedness to attend an event? Nope.

i don't think nudism is really about seeing naked people, but rather going unencumbered by clothes.

Caching isn't all about the numbers, either, but if you're out there finding them, they are going to add up, like it or not. :(

(ps to all: this is not about logging or not logging online... please take it lightly, as intended)

I'll pass. I can't think of too many geocachers that I really would like to see in the nude. :(

i don't think nudism is really about seeing naked people, but rather going unencumbered by clothes.

Most of us enjoy that stage when we are in diapers (or out of them so to speak). Freedom can't be understated at that age. As we grow up it's normally never that simple again. If it's about not being encumbered by clothes you don't need a group to do it with. No matter how you slice it, there is something more to it than that, at least for the folks who do more than run around their own house naked and congregate in groups.

That all said, it was a sad day when something happened in our world where streaking and other non harmful hijinx isn't tolerated with a slap on the wrist and a wink. I don't like a world where some Co-ed on spring break who flashes the wrong person at the wrong time lands on the "sexual predators list". That's not a predator by any stretch.

that seems so unfair! surely there are people who prefer to go nude who are not pair-bonded? what about the widowed? the celibate?

Life isn't fair, unfortunately. Few women would go to be surrounded by guys trying to hit on them, so the couples rule has to be enforced for their comfort and safety.

There are a few clubs which are more 'liberal' which attract swingers, and these clubs often do allow singles; I would not attend one however, nor would most naturists... again, sex is not what it's about.

Couples, by the way, means simply that a man must be accompanied by a woman... they don't have to be in a relationship. If a man can find a woman to accompany him they are welcome. If a man can't find a woman to accompany him there's probably a reason and we don't want him there anyway. Again, life isn't fair.

I am sure that you can see that there would be many more men than women at a park, and women would be constantly harassed, if we didn't keep it balanced. As it is I am perfectly comfortable with my wife and daughter being safe and un-self-conscious because the balance of men and women mostly eliminates men cruising.

Anyhoo, I will be glad to continue that discussion with anyone in PMs, but we better try to get this thread back to the topic of nude geocaching events. :(

~snip~

Life isn't fair, unfortunately. Few women would go to be surrounded by guys trying to hit on them, so the couples rule has to be enforced for their comfort and safety.

So women don't hit on women?

Interesting.

Seriously, there is an unfair stigma placed on men when it comes to nudity. Just like GCers, one bad apple can set the standard. Just like not all GCers will destroy vegetation, not all unattached men would hit on women at a nudist event. In fact in both instances, i suspect the ones who would are in the minority.

~snip~

Interesting.

From the few documentaries I've watched on clothing optional clubs and resorts, they don't (or they're keeping a tight lid on it.)

~snip~

Interesting.

From the few documentaries I've watched on clothing optional clubs and resorts, they don't (or they're keeping a tight lid on it.)

Keeping a tight lid on it.

I've been to a clothing optional beach. There were all kinds of interactions going on. (read what you need into that)

...Anyone see any problems with posting a nude event? :D

All kinds of people have all kinds of interests "outside the norm" and for the most part I don't care. Heck having an interest that falls out side the norm is the norm.

Here is the kicker, when it's imposed, instead of something that just is, I'm turned off. I've busted folks skinny dipping and just smiled. World record event for it? Great. Clothing optional hot springs. Hey it's tradition. Mandatory butt nakedness to attend an event? Nope.

In the spirit of clothing optional, I don't think it would/could be mandatory. The fact that some cachers would be nekkid could be mental hurdle enough. :(

Personally, in a room full of nekkid people, I'd feel more nekkid wearing clothes.

...Personally, in a room full of nekkid people, I'd feel more nekkid wearing clothes.

There is a lot of truth to that.

The most exposed I've ever felt in my life was on the Sun Valley ski slopes when I was in a pair of insulated overalls walking the ski slope and everbody else had their designer ski garb on. That they all has ski's on and I had work boots didn't help either.

I'd never be able to look at my fellow geocachers the same way again.

Yeah, when I posted my Nude Cacher locationless Terracache, (naughty parts tastefully obscurred in the posted pic please) the FTF was none other than Jason (Team 4 Paw) and TerraTrekkers were STF. It was hard not to think about that mind fork the next few times I saw them.

Jason described it as the most fun he'd EVER had cachin' at that time and he's not the only person to tell me that.

Cybercat became a bit of a rock star locally for her nude pose to claim a find. This was all a bit before you came on scene. Early 2005.

Cybercat became a bit of a rock star locally for her nude pose to claim a find. This was all a bit before you came on scene. Early 2005.

Not just locally, I love that shot of Cybercat! It's posted right next to my Jimi Hendrix poster.

Not just locally, I love that shot of Cybercat! It's posted right next to my Jimi Hendrix poster.

Well, Share the love... :(

Anyone see any problems with posting a nude event? :(

I'd go since i participated in it too. the thing about THAT event is would the cache have been waterproof?

difficulty doesn't have to be a 5 just because you're doing it sans clothing.

Well, Share the love... :ph34r:

Here ya go: Click at your own risk. (It's G rated to me, but even if you have a HIGH pucker factor it's not more than PG-13)

Here ya go: Click at your own risk. (It's G rated to me, but even if you have a HIGH pucker factor it's not more than PG-13)

IWILLLEARNNOTTOCLICKONLINKSATWORKIWILLLEARNNOTTOCLICKONLINKSATWORKIWILLLEARNNOTTOCLICKONLINKSATWORKIWILLLEARNNOTTOCLICKONLINKSATWORK...

IWILLLEARNNOTTOCLICKONLINKSATWORKIWILLLEARNNOTTOCLICKONLINKSATWORKIWILLLEARNNOTTOCLICKONLINKSATWORKIWILLLEARNNOTTOCLICKONLINKSATWORK...

Funny. I posted it from work. :ph34r:

i probably wouldn't go.

i mostly don't go to events with my clothes on, and i can't imagine that a nude event would have fewer people making stupid comments that make me uncomfortable than a regular event.

i'm not terribly modest; i habitually change clothes and sometimes wash in parking lots and i am not made uncomfortable by other people's nudity.

i AM made uncomfortable by other people's juvenile and prurient jokes, so i think i'd have to pass.