WA Cache with No FTF since Sept 11 2008

SamSpade47

There's probably several unfound caches without a FTF much older than that one. Here's one I located that was published September 1, 2007 and so far hasn't been found.

King Lake Geocache

Given the description I'm not surprised it has not been found yet.

I was just thinking that about the description for another unfound cache in the North Cascades: Chancellor Trail "Ironworks" Cache.

And here's a 5/5 up there also waiting for FTF: Tensegrity on Liberty

There's probably several unfound caches without a FTF much older than that one. Here's one I located that was published September 1, 2007 and so far hasn't been found.

King Lake Geocache

Given the description I'm not surprised it has not been found yet.

I was just thinking that about the description for another unfound cache in the North Cascades: Chancellor Trail "Ironworks" Cache.

And here's a 5/5 up there also waiting for FTF: Tensegrity on Liberty

Tensegrity is the one I was talking about.

Here's a link to a description of the climb:

http://www.pbase.com/bb/libertybell

Doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal. It sure would be a cool place to have lunch.

The King Lake Geocache is only a 2.5 hours hike (I should say bushwack) up... Amazing that it hasn't been found.

As for Delta Mist, can you say out in the middle of nowhere.

Re: Chancellor Trail "Ironworks" Cache, anyone know anyone with a helicopter?

Edited by SamSpade47

Liberty Bell, that is a rock mass that was a killer back in 1977, my fingers, arms, back and legs ached. Then it was off to 3 Fingered Jacks in Winthrop to recover.

I remember getting into trouble over that climb. Boy... what a lecture I got from some officials what I did.

Let's put in terms you may understand... I was a bad boy and I'm not talking about it.

Yes, I made it to the top but what I did on TOP that got me in trouble. So, with that in mind you can say you have or have not met one of the Rock Nutcases.

Think before you attempt unless you know what you are doing and have had years of experience.

MtnMutt :(

They show the easy route....

Edited by MtnMutt

Yeah, the only route I would even consider...

I've been up Early Winter Spire, Shuksan and some others in the Enchantments long ago, but when I had youngsters I didn't feel like leaving them Fatherless...

Now that they are grown, I'm thinking about doing some more climbs. And the 5.6 doesn't seem that unreasonable. That route proves that you can get to some truly awesome spots with RELATIVE ease. And wouldn't that be cool to be FTF on a 5/5 cache.

Liberty Bell, that is a rock mass that was a killer back in 1977, my fingers, arms, back and legs ached. Then it was off to 3 Fingered Jacks in Winthrop to recover.

I remember getting into trouble over that climb. Boy... what a lecture I got from some officials what I did.

Let's put in terms you may understand... I was a bad boy and I'm not talking about it.

Yes, I made it to the top but what I did on TOP that got me in trouble. So, with that in mind you can say you have or have not met one of the Rock Nutcases.

Think before you attempt unless you know what you are doing and have had years of experience.

MtnMutt :lol:

Well... as long as you didn't ummmm spit in the wind... ;):(

MtnMutt :lol:

Well... as long as you didn't ummmm spit in the wind... ;):(

That's exactly what my assumption was...c'mon, MtnMutt, 'fess up, what'd ya do? :)

King Lake Geocache

I was just looking at that yesterday.

When are we going?

Oh, don't tell Mrs. Lake.... :D

That feels like an overnighter (cough cough) cold coming on.

I'm working on the logistics.

Edited by TotemLake

King Lake Geocache

Well ruck just took care of that one. It's no longer an unfound cache. Congrats ruck on FTF.

That ruck is such a studmuffin. :( Congrats, Jeff, well done!

Thanks for the congrats, but my "studmuffin" days ended 25 years ago. I did just post pics from the trip though.

I don't recomend this one for the average cacher. I move pretty fast in the woods, but it took me 4 hrs up and 3 back down. A Nalgene usually last me ~10 miles. I went thru 1 1/2 gallons of water and based on urine color, that wasn't enough.

So after two three unfound caches getting found as soon as I express interest, it looks like what I have to do to go after an unfound cache is to not announce it eh? :(

The other option is find them during their first year. They don't even hit my radar until then. I'll promise not to start working the 08 list until next season if that makes you feel better.

So after two three unfound caches getting found as soon as I express interest, it looks like what I have to do to go after an unfound cache is to not announce it eh? :(

The other option is find them during their first year. They don't even hit my radar until then. I'll promise not to start working the 08 list until next season if that makes you feel better.

There was a winky smilie there ruck. I saw you had planned on this for some time.

There was a winky smilie there ruck. I saw you had planned on this for some time.

The 08 list has some interesting stuff on it, and it's still early in the season. Thats not even getting into what the MMM are currently putting out. Might I suggest the Rainey Lake area?

The 08 list has some interesting stuff on it, and it's still early in the season. Thats not even getting into what the MMM are currently putting out. Might I suggest the Rainey Lake area?

We're planning Rainy Lake for this Saturday's HOTM.

I'm also looking at King Lake for next month.

I'm interested in advancing my skills to prep for next year's attempts. I'm envious of the areas you and others go into.

So after two three unfound caches getting found as soon as I express interest, it looks like what I have to do to go after an unfound cache is to not announce it eh? :)

NEVER telegraph your punches! :):D

True. :)

Personally I think it's hilarious. :(

(And if that was the downside, the upside is I know it's there.)

Edited by TotemLake

I'm interested in advancing my skills to prep for next year's attempts. I'm envious of the areas you and others go into.

I'm with you on advancing the skills, but I see King Lake as a small select group, not as a HOTM. The last ~3/4 mile is up 45° to 60° incline slopes, covered with moss, branches and loose dirt. The last time a gave a warning was the Duckabush, and thats wheelchair accesible compared to this one. Once you cross the creek, the only water I saw prior to the lake, was at the falls, and that poses it's own challenges.

I'm with you on advancing the skills, but I see King Lake as a small select group, not as a HOTM. The last ~3/4 mile is up 45° to 60° incline slopes, covered with moss, branches and loose dirt. The last time a gave a warning was the Duckabush, and thats wheelchair accesible compared to this one. Once you cross the creek, the only water I saw prior to the lake, was at the falls, and that poses it's own challenges.

Gotcha. It sounds like French Peak when Criminal and I did that and some of Watson Mtn when Cstmfrmr and I did that last year. I also learned on French to take my purifier no matter the expectations of no water is, because you never know when you might run into some source you can use and I carry plenty with me to carry me through the first 7 hours (there were a lot of lessons on French Peak).

Criminal? You reading this? I'm ready to tackle this in the very near future.

Gotcha. It sounds like French Peak when Criminal and I did that and some of Watson Mtn when Cstmfrmr and I did that last year. I also learned on French to take my purifier no matter the expectations of no water is, because you never know when you might run into some source you can use and I carry plenty with me to carry me through the first 7 hours (there were a lot of lessons on French Peak).

Criminal? You reading this? I'm ready to tackle this in the very near future.

Game ON!!

Okay all, I know that Uncle Sam sometimes has a pretty big hand in deciding when and where I will be at certain times of the year, but I want you all to know that I am 110% interested in making these hikes with you when I'm CONUS. I will keep my eyes open for a physical date, time and place and hope to give a thumbs up when the next HOTM is set in stone. Thanks, -CK

Okay all, I know that Uncle Sam sometimes has a pretty big hand in deciding when and where I will be at certain times of the year, but I want you all to know that I am 110% interested in making these hikes with you when I'm CONUS. I will keep my eyes open for a physical date, time and place and hope to give a thumbs up when the next HOTM is set in stone. Thanks, -CK

In the HOTM thread, give an indication when you will be around and I'll adjust the schedule accordingly if it doesn't interfere with my family plans.

In the HOTM thread, give an indication when you will be around and I'll adjust the schedule accordingly if it doesn't interfere with my family plans.

Thanks TotemLake, I will try and give you hard dates for when I will be available, but ofcourse if it doesn't work out, well then it doesn't work out. But I appreciate you being willing to do that for me.

Take care,

Travis