any GLBT Geocachers?

Ok... Why use acronyms here? - Is there a reason to post in "code"?

GLBT = Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered

We have many cachers who proudly proclaim they are:

▪ Christian

▪ Agnostic

▪ Pro-Gun

▪ Anti-Gun

▪ Republican

▪ Democrat

▪ Veteran

▪ Married

▪ Single

▪ Masonic

▪ Etc

Just be open as to who you are, but kindly refrain from imposing your ideology on me.

Thanks!

~ Mitch ~

P.S. - If you're wondering... I'm not GLBT.

i will probably get jumped on here but i never see these sort of harsh comments in any of the other groupings such as the masonics or the various religion based groups.

i dont see any of these groups imposing their ideologies on us, i just think if somethings not in your interest then why bother posting nasties.

live and let live i say.

Ok... Why use acronyms here? - Is there a reason to post in "code"?

GLBT = Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered

We have many cachers who proudly proclaim they are:

▪ Christian

▪ Agnostic

▪ Pro-Gun

▪ Anti-Gun

▪ Republican

▪ Democrat

▪ Veteran

▪ Married

▪ Single

▪ Masonic

▪ Etc

Just be open as to who you are, but kindly refrain from imposing your ideology on me.

Thanks!

~ Mitch ~

P.S. - If you're wondering... I'm not GLBT.

What's wrong with using the acronym? It's a really commonly accepted and widely recognized one - hardly code, and a lot easier than typing the whole thing out.

And to the original poster, I'm a complete newb, but you've found another :) .

I wasn't posting a "nasty", just asking a question. Hope that's what forums are for, right?

Never heard of, or used the acronym GLBT and had to google the term, just to see what y'all are talking about.

For all I know, you could be talking about a Great Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich.

Guess I learned something. Now I'm hungry for a BLT.

~ Mitch ~

I wasn't posting a "nasty", just asking a question. Hope that's what forums are for, right?

Never heard of, or used the acronym GLBT and had to google the term, just to see what y'all are talking about.

For all I know, you could be talking about a Great Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich.

Guess I learned something. Now I'm hungry for a BLT.

~ Mitch ~

apologies to you then :) i was just responding because i do notice that there do tend to be negative comments posted in some "gay" threads, where as the other specalist threadsare left to continue without hassles.

im just saying if they dont warrant hassles then neither should the "gay" discussions.

like i said i apologise to you for my misunderstanding

thanks for all who have responded. I think we might consider ourselves a minority within an minority -- those who responded are spread out so far and wide that it is highly improbable we could ever attempt to organize some GC activity together, for the time being.

I guess I can side with "paganfrog" for getting a little sensitive reading the original comment made by "Difficult Run". When I initially read "why use acronyms here?" and "is there a reason to post in 'code'?" I was slightly offended. Though it may not have been his intentions to offend me, the way those questions were worded automatically would put someone on the defensive (especially considering that people in the GLBT community hear that abbreviation EVERYDAY and we don't use it as a "code", which would suggest we attempt to exclude non-GLBT people). Not trying to beat a dead horse since "paganfrog" apologized and it seems as though "Difficult Run" accepted the apology and went on to explain his post -- just finally getting around to adding my two cents. Glad you learned something "Difficult Run" -- also know that we can get a little sensitive since we frequently get jumped on in so many other forums outside of Groundspeak by "well meaning" non-GLBT people.

I never thought of using acronym's as code, but to someone unfamiliar with them, I can understand how it'd be confusing. It's just a lot easier to type four letters instead of, "gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered." It also is less cluttered on the page that way.

thanks for all who have responded. I think we might consider ourselves a minority within an minority -- those who responded are spread out so far and wide that it is highly improbable we could ever attempt to organize some GC activity together, for the time being.

There are lots more LGBT cachers out there. I'm sure that only a small percentage actually come into the forums (as with the "normal" caching population). I've actually met a couple (literally, one couple) once when I attended Geowoodstock. It surprised me. There are probably lots of others out there, too, but it's not always easy to identify them (could that caching partner someone's always with be a "partner" or just a friend? Hmmm...). I'm sure even here in New Mexico there are a few others. I just haven't managed to figure it out yet.

No idea what number, but lesbian/queer from Arkansas. Any southern lgbtq geocachers? I agree that it's like a minority in a minority some days, but then others I don't feel like a minority at all. A lesbian backpacking/bike riding in the woods? It's like stereotype city and I'm loving every second of it.