Permanently encrypt

Puppy Dawg

what is the point of permanently encrupting a log?? I did it for a few that have spoilers in them and it wasn't helpful. A. There's a DECRYPT button. I want these logs encryped permanently. Oh, and only when I click 'view log' does it encrypt...

So that defeats the purpose of encrypting it in the first place.

The encryption option gives others the option/choice to not read what might be a posted spoiler. It's not a personal note feature.

Personally I wouldn't post something that the owner wouldn't want to give away themselves. If you need to say something private, email the owner directly.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Well it only sets the text to ROT13 that you could decipher on your own.

Why would you post a give away answer straight on someone's cache? Encrypting isn't really hiding a darn thing.

Edit: spelling

Edited by BlueDeuce

Maybe I'm not answering your question.

Sometimes you want to say something about a cache but you don't want to give away too much information that would giveaway the cache location but at the same time you want to share details to an interested party.

Permanent only means that it stays encrypted.

What you post out there is for anyone to see. Encrypted means someone has to choose to translate it.

Edited by BlueDeuce

what is the point of permanently encrupting a log?? I did it for a few that have spoilers in them and it wasn't helpful. A. There's a DECRYPT button. I want these logs encryped permanently. Oh, and only when I click 'view log' does it encrypt...

So that defeats the purpose of encrypting it in the first place.

I don't think you understand the purpose of encrypting. It's not to create a note that only you can read. It's to prevent someone from accidentally reading spoiler info. If they want to read it, they have to perform an action to do so (click the button).