Must Do Caches in Brisbane

cincol

I will be visiting Brisbane in mid-September for about 10 days. Any "MUST DO's" in and around Brisbane will be appreciated. I will have wheels so travelling ought not to be a major problem. Please reply either on the forum or via PM.

Happy caching

cincol

Hi Cincol

Most of the Aussies hang out in the forums at www.geocaching.com.au where you should be able to put a post in the international section without needing to register first (although the servers are being replaced in the next 24 hours so they will be down for a bit).

Must do caches are really in the eye of the beholder though, and will depend on how much time you wish to put into finding an individual cache, whether you like them to be mentally or physically challenging or how far you are willing to travel. There are some great places to visit and cache within a 2 hr drive of the Brisbane CBD.

Perhaps if you are interested, we could organise a meet and greet event for you and boulist44 to meet with some local caching teams where you can get some first hand suggestions.

GC10ZNW - On the Horns of a Dilemna and GC17PZG - Over Under Sideways Down are two good ones in the Brisbane CBD which come to mind. We will have a think about some of the caches we have done and make some more suggestions when we know what type of caching interests you most.

Cheers

Thanks for the response JaT.

Firstly a meet & greet Event sounds like a really great idea!! :P I arrive 11/09/09 and leave 24/09/09.

What do I see as a great cache? Top of my list are EarthCaches - which I already have your local ones earmarked on my agenda. Really looking forward to the Glass Mountains cache. After that I like doing caches that are surrounded by natural beauty. City caches in parks are great, followed by historic locations. I am not a keen finder of city based nano's and micros that are there because they have been placed without any due research as to why somebody will go looking for it. :blink: Whilst on a very time restricted holiday as this trip will be I tend to shy away from complicated puzzles or multi's that take you on a wild goose chase - although I am always uo to the challenge of a good puzzle or multi. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the heads-up on the "local" forum, but after about 30 minutes trying to figure out how it works and which caches are gc.com caches and which are not I gave up. Sorry Mate, but it was not very user friendly for a non-techno geek like myself. :lol:

Cheers and look forward to meeting up sometime in the future somewhere under the satellites. :)

Hi Cincol

Perhaps if you are interested, we could organise a meet and greet event for you and boulist44 to meet with some local caching teams where you can get some first hand suggestions.

Cheers

The meet & greet sounds a good idea to both me and aussie pixie. We arrive 29th August and depart for Perth 29th September

Our thoughts re caches are pretty much in line with Cincol's

Looking forward to enjoying a few caches

We will liase with Cincol and will fall in with any plans. As to transport, I'm not sure at this time what our situation will be in Aus.

Hi cincol and boulist44

Depending on what date suits you both, we could organise the event for either day on 12/13 September - probably a BBQ type lunch affair. If you can give us an idea of where you will be based we will identify a suitable location which hopefully will be central to you both.

You should really enjoy the earthcache on Mt NgunNgun and the one at Mooloolba is OK too. The Noosa National Park is not too far from there, has easy walking tracks with a few caches in it and is easy to fit in with a visit to a tourist area if that is of interest to you.

Happy caching

JaT

Thanks for your efforts, either the 13th or 20th will suit us fine.

We are staying at the Toowong Villas, Ascog Terrace Toowong.

Aussie Pixie says Mt. Coot-tha might be a good place to meet.

Will be in touch by PM re contact phone numbers etc.

Keep the batteries charged

Good day to all

cslyoda here - Little cincol for those who don't know me

Have been in Brisbane for 6 months, and have done some 66 caches and placed my own earthcache in Mooloolaba - Point Cartwright

Will try to help out in getting cincol to the event and then i can also attempt the mt cootha caches i have not done yet.

my email address = cslyoda@gmail.com

let me know if you need help for cincol

cheers :P

Hi everyone

Our initial thoughts had been to have the event in the Mt Cootha area, possibly the JC Slaughter Falls picnic area and by the sounds of things, this will suit. We'll check it out next weekend after we return to Brisbane (we are currently in Melbourne visiting our grand daughter who was born yesterday :P ). We will make the event for the afternoon of 13 September, that way you will have an opportunity to speak to other caching teams and get ideas about which caches you might like to visit while in Brisbane.

We look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

Darren & Robyn

Hi Cincol

Cheers

The meet & greet sounds a good idea to both me and aussie pixie. We arrive 29th August and depart for Perth 29th September

Our thoughts re caches are pretty much in line with Cincol's

Looking forward to enjoying a few caches

We will liase with Cincol and will fall in with any plans. As to transport, I'm not sure at this time what our situation will be in Aus.

We are leaving Perth Sept. 28 for Brisbane...interesting coincidence and we are also interested in the feed back you get from your OT. we'll miss the event too :D ah well.

From me and aussie pixie a big thank you to you all in Brisbane who helped to make our visit memorable

Sorry about the delay in getting things moving and logging but access to a computer has been very limited during our travels :o

We are now back in France and reliving our visit by way of photos and films

Thanks again.

Edited by boulist44