Looking for a spcific travle bug pic from the forums.

So at some point someone was talking about this giant rare earth magnet travel bug. by giant I mean it was like 2 feet by 3 feet.

I can't seem to find the thread and search will not let me search for words less then five letters so basically it's kinda useless for this search.

Anyone know where I could find a link to this travel bug.

Edited by Bluestonecrew

So at some point someone was talking about this giant rare earth magnet travel bug. by giant I mean it was like 2 feet by 3 feet.

I can't seem to find the thread and search will not let me search for words less then five letters so basically it's kinda useless for this search.

I'd be afraid to pick that one up. I wonder if it would wipe my blackberry?

Anyway... wish I could be more helpful.

A true rare earth magnet of that side would wipe your credit cards from a couple feet away. It would have enough power to take your arm off if it got between the magnet and metal.

I'm not sure it would kill the crackberry but it might just ruin the screen for a while.

Truly, you would not be able to separate a magnet that size from a refrigerator unless the magnet was damaged severely (or just rare earth and not really magnetized)

A true rare earth magnet of that side would wipe your credit cards from a couple feet away. It would have enough power to take your arm off if it got between the magnet and metal.

I'm not sure it would kill the crackberry but it might just ruin the screen for a while.

Truly, you would not be able to separate a magnet that size from a refrigerator unless the magnet was damaged severely (or just rare earth and not really magnetized)

Well if I remember the thread correctly there were photos of someone trying to get it back to their car and it got stuck to an iron gate post. Took a lot of effort to get it off.

Gosh I wish I could find that thread. I think it was something like Coolest Travel Bugs or something like that.

Well if I remember the thread correctly there were photos of someone trying to get it back to their car and it got stuck to an iron gate post. Took a lot of effort to get it off.

Gosh I wish I could find that thread. I think it was something like Coolest Travel Bugs or something like that.

Well, I hope you are remembering incorrectly. I'm hoping it was only a 2inch by 3 inch magnet. Even one that size could bite your fingers pretty hard. I know from experience and the biggest I have played with is about 2X2 inches.

I have a personal magnet that I like to give to friends to see if they can get the piece of metal off. Many have tried, few have succeeded. It's only 1.75X1.75 . When they go to put the piece of metal back on, it's always a painful process, sometimes leaving blood blisters.

Well, I hope you are remembering incorrectly. I'm hoping it was only a 2inch by 3 inch magnet. Even one that size could bite your fingers pretty hard. I know from experience and the biggest I have played with is about 2X2 inches.

I have a personal magnet that I like to give to friends to see if they can get the piece of metal off. Many have tried, few have succeeded. It's only 1.75X1.75 . When they go to put the piece of metal back on, it's always a painful process, sometimes leaving blood blisters.

It was big enough that the person carrying it needed a bag to carry it in.

I don't believe that's a rare earth magnet. If it were, it would be totally unmanageable.

I don't know whether it's classified as a rare earth magnet or not, I don't know anything about them (I'll google it later) but I do know that it's very heavy and is a very, very strong magnet. I'll try and find out some more details, if you're interested?

MrsB

I don't believe that's a rare earth magnet. If it were, it would be totally unmanageable.

I don't know whether it's classified as a rare earth magnet or not, I don't know anything about them (I'll google it later) but I do know that it's very heavy and is a very, very strong magnet. I'll try and find out some more details, if you're interested?

MrsB

Just looking at it it appears to be a ceramic magnet but those are incredibly brittle so it's probably not ceramic.

It's not neodymium either because those need to be coated with another metal (usually nickel) or they oxidize quickly.

It is interesting to speculate the composition. Probably just an iron magnet... Still would be plenty strong.