Geomate Jr.

How do I plug in a Geomate Jr. into my computer?

Hi

On the left side of the Geomate.jr is a flap. Lift this flap up from the bottom and you'll find a connection port. In about two weeks or so we will be releasing an Update Kit (http://www.mygeomate.com/update_kit) that comes with a cable that you will be able to plug into the Geomate.jr and your computer. This Update Kit is your key to unlimited updates for your Geomate.jr - including all traditional, non-premium caches for the US and any other country!

Cheers

Warren

Hi

On the left side of the Geomate.jr is a flap. Lift this flap up from the bottom and you'll find a connection port. In about two weeks or so we will be releasing an Update Kit (http://www.mygeomate.com/update_kit) that comes with a cable that you will be able to plug into the Geomate.jr and your computer. This Update Kit is your key to unlimited updates for your Geomate.jr - including all traditional, non-premium caches for the US and any other country!

Cheers

Warren

Thanks Warren, a friend and fellow Geocacher just asked me about the kit like five minutes ago... I said, I don't know, should be out soon, but I'll look online, I'm sure they'll have something on it...

I have to say, having someone in the know about the product is really nice....

I really with Garmin (or other GPRs makers) would have a few people spend some time in the forums like you do...

Sure, they might take some heat at 1st, but I really think that long therm it would be in their and our better interests...

Thanks again for sticking around and spreading the knowledge!!!!

For sure, it's nice to be able to directly converse with someone in the know about their products. Delorme is also very active here in the forums as well. Too bad Garmin doesn't take a more active role here in the forums as well or any of the other GPS makers.

Thanks Warren, a friend and fellow Geocacher just asked me about the kit like five minutes ago... I said, I don't know, should be out soon, but I'll look online, I'm sure they'll have something on it...

I have to say, having someone in the know about the product is really nice....

I really with Garmin (or other GPRs makers) would have a few people spend some time in the forums like you do...

Sure, they might take some heat at 1st, but I really think that long therm it would be in their and our better interests...

Thanks again for sticking around and spreading the knowledge!!!!

No worries!

Hi

Cheers

Warren

When I can locate the update kit, I will buy the device. Just cant locate a source. Checked with Cache Advance and she was to get back to me, waiting for an answer. Tried to tweet dm geomate and cant, because geomate is not following me. :blink:

willy

Hi

Cheers

Warren

When I can locate the update kit, I will buy the device. Just cant locate a source. Checked with Cache Advance and she was to get back to me, waiting for an answer. Tried to tweet dm geomate and cant, because geomate is not following me. :blink:

willy

Hi Willy. You may want to check at www.REI.com . They have a store in Ann Arbor and a couple over in the Detroit area. As of this afternoon online they had the Geomate Jr. but the update kits weren't available online from them yet. I understand they've been shipped so now it's just a matter of them getting to the distributors and then them folks getting them on the shelves and online. It's a great little GPSr that serves it's purpose in life very good. I actually believe my Jr. has much better reception than my Vista HCx I just sold. I love it! :)

Edited by Michigan Cacheman