Military Geocoin

AirborneSurveyor

My team coin/Geocoin arrived back home from Oakcoins a few days ago. I will be home on R&R on or about the first two weeks of August.

Coin Name: 203rd VTT Afghan Geocoin

About this Geocoin: Afghan Regional Security Integration Command - East, 203rd Corps Afghan National Army, Validation Training Team Geocoin.

Only 100 of these coins were made, it will not be available for sale. One will be given to each of the members of my team. I will release 10 of them into the wild myself. I have a set numbered for a close circle of fellow Geocachers. The remainder will be available for trade for other Military Geocoins.

If you have a trade offer let me know, I will mail coins when I am home on R&R, trades that are made after I return to Afghanistan will be mailed by my wife.

5ef0a70f-2f85-42d8-bf87-42de726e873d.jpg

ee053865-8be2-46fb-bcbf-99a987c14dbe.jpg

The decision to make this coin came after toadjumper made a coin for his team down south in the 205th Corps area of operations. Toadjumper and I trained together and hit a few caches when we were at Fort Riley, KS before we deployed to Afghanistan. Not to be outdone, I had to get on the ball and make a coin for my team. If you check out his thread he may have some of his coins still available:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=211373

Edited by AirborneSurveyor

I have received a few requests to trade for non-military Geocoins. Although tempting I am going to decline non-military trades. There are a few reasons behind this.

1. I am in the U.S. Army (21+ years). So I have an interest in other Military Geocoins.

2. I have only 10 coins set aside for trades.

3. I did not sale my coins as I did not want to see them end up on e-bay so someone can make a quick buck off the hard work my team has put in here in Afghanistan. We will have been away from our friends and family for 15 months when our tour is over.

a. This also met that I absorbed the entire cost out of pocket.

I understand once a coin is traded or given away it is no longer my property and the owner can do anything they desire with it. I did however create a data base that will track to whom each coin is going to.

I still have 6 coins available for trade.

Hello AirborneSurveyor,

I received your e-mail.

1st let me again THANK YOU for your Service, we owe you a debt we can never repay.

I also want to wish you a great R&R, you have earned it.

As for the coin it is a great looking coin you should be proud, and i am sure your team members will be honored to receive one.

Stay safe my friend.

AirbourneSurveyor,

I received your package today, I must say the picture did not do this coin justice.

It is a wonderful coin I will treasure this coin always.

I am going to be smiling ear to ear when I show this one off to be discovered.

Again THANK YOU for your Service, be safe.

Just a quick question....

I saw an aviation coin, not geocoin on e----

On either side of the wings were the number 5, which , I think represents the phrase .... 5 x 5 , I have heard that in movies when they go to land or take off, They say ..... Five by Five .

What does that mean???

On either side of the wings were the number 5, which , I think represents the phrase .... 5 x 5 , I have heard that in movies when they go to land or take off, They say ..... Five by Five .

What does that mean???

you got me curious too. so i googled it...here's the link i found...

5x5

i believe this is the meaning most often referred to. although, i'm not sure if this was the meaning on the particular coin you saw. so, how do you read me now?! :anibad:

One of these coins arrived in the mail for me here in Iraq a week or 2 back.

This is one that will not be released, but will follow me from cache to cache.

Been on the road for awhile, so now catching up with all the coins and trackables that are floating around my living quarters.

For anyone in this part of the world, it will be available at the MAGC 2009 Travel Bug Challenge Launch at the end of the month for discovery.

What does that mean???

you got me curious too. so i googled it...here's the link i found...

5x5

i believe this is the meaning most often referred to. although, i'm not sure if this was the meaning on the particular coin you saw. so, how do you read me now?! :anibad:

5 by 5 :laughing:

I have to say, these are definitely some of the best looking coins that I've ever seen. Having spent the last 10 months over here in Afghanistan, doing the same things as AirborneSurveyor, and the 3 months we spent training and caching in Kansas together, this is definitely one coin that has a special meaning. I'm proud to have been one of the few that received a couple of these coins. Great job with them!