Cincinnati "Must Dos"?

mtnman262

Hi All,

I am going to be in Cincinnati for a couple days later this month and was hoping to get a list of Must Do caches in the Cincinnati and Newport area. I've tried using pocket queries but I can't quite get it specific enough to find what I am looking for...

I am looking for a, non micro, traditional cache that will really give me the sense of what Cincinnati is really all about. May be a great view, historical site, out of the way spot that only the local know about... I guess thats not very specific either... Hopefully I can get a few locals to start me off in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance!

Eric

Racine, WI

Mtnman262, I'm not a local per se. I live about 100 miles south of Cincy but have spent more than a little time there. I'm not really sure you can find 1 cache to represent an area as diverse as Cincy. I looked at your profile and noticed you don't have any EarthCaches. If you would like to start with a good one, might I recommend this one: Trammel Fossil Park EarthCache in Sharonville, about 16 miles north of the river. The place is rife with Ordovician fossils that you can keep. The wife and I did this one a while back at around 2:00 a.m. and had the place to ourselves. You literally cannot pick up a rock without finding a fossil. We probably left the place 40 pounds heavier than when we went in. There's no charge for parking or admission. Just a suggestion

Hi, I live in Cincinnati, and have some caches in a very large and hilly 1500 acre park. Here is a Bookmark List of these 24 caches. Maybe some of these may interest you.

Also, your inquiry has been posted on our local Cincinnati forum, called OKIC (Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana Cachers) . Sign on and check us out. You can read many topics about new caches, group hunts, favorite caches, park caches, etc.

I'm sure you will want to do this cache, Shawnee Lookout Cache, which is the oldest cache in Ohio, and with a great view of three states.

And you will want to do this one as well. It is a Lunch Series cache and is atop the tallest building in downtown Cincinnati. Be sure to bring your camera. Cost is $2 at the top. You will take 2 elevators.

Another local favorite is an abandoned underground railroad tunnel, called RR2K#L. Bring a flashlight and some friends.

Edited by Catlon