Inappropriate Swag

as for the acorn: is it possible that the cache was under an oak tree?

Well... to be honest, I wasn't exactly an acorn - but I'm just not sure what it was. Acorn was the closest nut I could think of without trying to distract from the point by describing a weird nodule thing. It might have actualy been one of those nodule that grow around the worms that some trees get. Maybe some day I'll ask a botanist.

Anyway - yes, it was from a tree near the cache. I think it's unlikely to have fallen from the tree into the cache - it had the look of something that has aged for a while in the damp.

it's totally possible that one fell into the cache while someone had it open and then it aged while in there.

it isn't necessary for the tree to make a perfect shot; often these things are present in great numbers and they get into caches much the same as leaves and other forest detritus.

In that case a lot of other cachers though "hay, a weird nut. Yeah, thats ok to leave in here".

:)

I recently found something in a cache that could be called inappropriate. There was a baggie that contained two tie clips, tow sets of cuff links, a man's bracelet and a man's necklace. All were old and worn. Along with these items was a note that said " the well dressed man gets pu**y. (spelling distorted for the faint of heart)

I took it and dropped it in the nearest garbage can.

It was probably left by a juvenile muggle.

I recently found something in a cache that could be called inappropriate. There was a baggie that contained two tie clips, tow sets of cuff links, a man's bracelet and a man's necklace. All were old and worn. Along with these items was a note that said " the well dressed man gets pu**y. (spelling distorted for the faint of heart)

You do mean that you dropped the note, not the swag, yes?

You do mean that you dropped the note, not the swag, yes?

Dropped all of it. It was cheap stuff to begin with and it showed many signs of wear.

I don't feel it innapropiate, i think most peopel grew up with toy guns, playing cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, today society has gone too far banning items which THEY think is wrong, why dont u ban toy cars. Cars kill more people in the world than any weapon.[/b]

+1 On this one

My thought is keep it kid friendly,

I understand quite a few cache with there children.

With that said a 3.5 rating on terrain and difficulty is not kid friendly.

But I do think a cap gun is kid friendly, I could go on about this but there is too much politics and way too much government interference in our lives now.

I went to a cache which is just off a motorway and found quite a lot of Ikea pencils in it. Obviously from the big Ikea which is 20 miles down the same motorway - was quite disappointed and logged my disappointment. Seriously - wooden Ikea pencils - that's just lazy and/or stingy!

You were disappointed to find several actually useful implements in the cache? :o

Perhaps one of those pencils made it's way into a cache without a pencil of it's own, just in time so that some dufus newbie (who hasn't learned to bring a pencil of his own) could actually sign the log. :)

I went to a cache which is just off a motorway and found quite a lot of Ikea pencils in it. Obviously from the big Ikea which is 20 miles down the same motorway - was quite disappointed and logged my disappointment. Seriously - wooden Ikea pencils - that's just lazy and/or stingy!

You were disappointed to find several actually useful implements in the cache? :)

Perhaps one of those pencils made it's way into a cache without a pencil of it's own, just in time so that some dufus newbie (who hasn't learned to bring a pencil of his own) could actually sign the log. :antenna:

Yeah no problem with that except when it's a medium size cache, with only 3 small trade items and several pencils.. plus a (non-Ikea) pencil in the bag with the logbook.. you do wonder.

But maybe it's just me? I think I should go to Argos and grab a load of free pens for the next cache I do and swap out all the swag - after all - I'm leaving something useful! :o