4 Elements Earthcache

Zarya.

Yesterday at an event I was, of course, huddled in a corner over shinies with another geocoin collector. He was looking through my album when, to my surprise, he took out a 4 Elements Earthcache, stared at it closely and exclaimed excitedly that it was the mint error of it. I was quite embarrassed not knowing what he was talking about and for the moment everyone at the event seemed to be staring at us. I fished out another of the same geocoin to compare with from my spares, and after some squinting, the "U" in "OUR" seemed to be replaced with a "V" on the "error". Holy crap. All of us started laughing.

Problem is, I can't find any threads about this on the forum. The search engine refuses to let me search for certain keywords, like "4 elements" (yes, with the quotes), and Google doesn't turn up anything either.

Was there really a mint error? Is it within the parameters of the mint to make differences like this with a single die? Or did they strike two dies for two production runs or...

Does anyone know about this, or what the deal is?

Was it recalled?

Is it even known to exist?

(I assume it does, because the guy seemed to know what to look for, but the lack of any information online is puzzling.)

Photograph for comparison.

DSCF8658.jpg