Enlarge the PQ

Tiefflieger

You actually can create an unlimited number of PQs with a workaround in the system. PQs aren't ever deleted, they're just archived. Here's the work-around:

• Open a PQ in the edit mode
  • Save the URL (either as a bookmark or in some other piece of software)
  • Save the PQ
  • On the PQ grid, delete the PQ
  • Open the URL that you saved, then save the PQ.
  • The deleted PQ will be saved again and available on your grid.

Yes, I know I can save URL and I mentioned about it, but just tried and...

it doesn't work. Opened my PQ from URL, saved it but is not visible on PQ grid and day of generate PQ is unchecked (despite I checked it before). Strange think, because I tried with other URL for PQ what I found in one of geocaching forum, saved it and it works. Then saved URL, deleted PQ from grid list , click to my saved URL, tried save it on my PQ list and doesn't work again. So now I really don't understand what's going on.

Despite this, I still don't understand why is limit 40 PQ for display? Not for generate, not for create, but only for simple display??

Yes, I know I can save URL and I mentioned about it, but just tried and...

it doesn't work. Opened my PQ from URL, saved it but is not visible on PQ grid and day of generate PQ is unchecked (despite I checked it before).

That's exactly my experience. Has anyone actually gotten this "reincarnation" to work?

I do have an archived PQ that I use frequently for online display, but I don't think you can bring them back from the dead.

We all cache differently so none of us should be telling another person that they are wrong or that there is no reason to have more than 500 caches in a query. If you never need more than 500 caches,, good for you. But there are times for many of us, when running one big query, without having to jump through hoops, would be nice.

I started reading the thread but didn't finish so this may have been mentioned,,,

How bout having the ability to run a super query with up to 2000, or maybe even 2500 caches, once a week? Similar to the "my finds" query that's in place now? I know there would still be some that wouldn't be satisfied but it would be a step in the right direction and be helpful to many!

You actually can create an unlimited number of PQs with a workaround in the system. PQs aren't ever deleted, they're just archived. Here's the work-around:

• Save the PQ

Tried this and it doesn't seem to work. I experienced the same results as others. You can see the PQ in the "edit" page but it doesn't appear in the PQ grid.

• Save the PQ

Tried this and it doesn't seem to work. I experienced the same results as others. You can see the PQ in the "edit" page but it doesn't appear in the PQ grid.

Me too:( It'd be very useful if this "function" worked

on top of which, if you are actually in need of 2000 caches each day, i want to see you in action.

500 ought to hold you just fine.

even 500 a week should keep you busy.

Your missing the point. Its about opportunity. I load my gps (which holds 2000 with full info and I could load coords only for considerably more) in the morning because I don't know what part of town I'll be in at the end of my work day. 500 doesn't even begin to cover my potential work area, 2000 doesn't either, but its a better stretch than 500.

:ph34r: I agree 100%, the 500 limit is "out-of-date", and needs to be increased!

Just so you know this feature works for me when I save it - it is back on the list. Not rubbing it in yer nose, just letting you know it works for me.

Sure, rub it in why don't ya. :ph34r:

Does it appear instantly or after a couple minutes? Maybe Firefox is reading a cached paged or something and I need to clear my cache or try IE or something...or be patient for it to show?

Editing to add that I tried it in FF then switched to IE after submitting (saving) it, but it didn't show in the grid. I'll give it a few more minutes.

Editing again to say that it didn't work. I can call it up but it just doesn't appear in the grid. I tried renaming it even, and when I call it up again, it has the new name but no grid. Oh well...was a nice idea. Maybe GS will add more than 40 since it wouldn't take up any disk space and you're still limited in how many PQs you can run per day.

Just being able to have more available in the list so you don't have to delete & recreate them would be good.

Edited by Skippermark

• Save the PQ

Nope, won't work for me either.

Is it possible that it works for you since you are a Volunteer?