Mac, google earth and oregon 300 track export help

I am a newb when it comes to google earth and exporting tracks to it from my oregon 300. Can someone tell me what I might have done wrong?

For the first time today, I attached my GPS to my RAM bike mount and set it to log my track after turning it off in geocaching mode since I've had my oregon. Went for a short bike ride and saved my track. Upon my return home I plugged in my oregon into my mac. I copied over my current.gpx to my desktop and opened it with google earth. When it asked me what to import in, I chose routes and tracks and told it to color in my track, but for some reason it does not show up. It shows me where I started my bike ride or where I saved the track on my GPS (Same location in the parking lot) but nothing else, there is no track.

So I tried importing the tracks thru Google earth directly and the same thing happens. No track, just the location of either where I started or saved my track.

So I tried the GPSVisualizer site and had it create a KMZ file of my track and that does not work either.

Curiously, I can view my track on the Oregon thru Track manager and it shows up correctly on the map. Was there something else I was supposed to do to get it to show up in google earth?

I'm running 2.98 beta firmware on my oregon, if that helps to figure this mystery out. I hope someone here can help. Thanks in advance.

hmart316

Check the time scale in the upper left corner and see if that is opened up to include all the time of your ride. If the two sliders are jammed together on the left then it wont show the data from your file. Thats exactly what was happening to me before I figured out that time scale thing.

Check the time scale in the upper left corner and see if that is opened up to include all the time of your ride. If the two sliders are jammed together on the left then it wont show the data from your file. Thats exactly what was happening to me before I figured out that time scale thing.

Yeah, that's the only problem I've ever had with importing tracks from the Oregon to Google Earth.

Usually:

I save a track in Track Manager on the Oregon

Plug the Oregon into my PC

Load the GPX directly from the Oregon's storage

That's it, works like that in Windows and Linux so I am assuming Mac too.

Quick update:

I took my GPS with me to work to try it on the Mac there and tried the same steps I outlined previously and have the same problem. Google Earth is at the same version I have at home but there are no tracks highlighted.

I think my sliders are set correctly. Can anyone else confirm this for me?

x38i6t.jpg

Also, I only pick to import tracks into google earth but it seems to pickup my waypoints as well, even though I uncheck the option for importing waypoints. And when I imported my track, I noticed this message.

nvr47n.jpg

Shouldn't I have more than one track point or does that not matter?