Including/Excluding attributes from pocket queries

EnigmaticSoul

Hello,

I'm new to creating pocket queries, and hope that someone can explain the stupid thing I must be doing that is causing me grief.

I'm attempting to leverage the ability to include/exclude caches with certain attributes (boat required, for example). Clicking on any of the available icons, however, produces no effect whatsoever. I'm not sure if the query is working or if the site is simply not doing anything. My default browser is Firefox, though I've also tried with IE to no avail.

Surely I'm missing some painfully obvious button somewhere?

Thank very much,

EnigmaticSoul

Hello,

I'm new to creating pocket queries, and hope that someone can explain the stupid thing I must be doing that is causing me grief.

I'm attempting to leverage the ability to include/exclude caches with certain attributes (boat required, for example). Clicking on any of the available icons, however, produces no effect whatsoever. I'm not sure if the query is working or if the site is simply not doing anything. My default browser is Firefox, though I've also tried with IE to no avail.

Surely I'm missing some painfully obvious button somewhere?

Thank very much,

EnigmaticSoul

Not sure what web browser you are using, but be sure it is current. I don't know what type of technology is used but it sounds like something isn't working on your browser.

It is as simple as you think. Just click an attribute to include or exclude and it should turn from gray to black indicating that you have activated that attributed for your query.

Try using Firefox 3, make sure your plugins are up to date, especially Java (www.java.com).

Not sure what web browser you are using, but be sure it is current. I don't know what type of technology is used but it sounds like something isn't working on your browser.

It is as simple as you think. Just click an attribute to include or exclude and it should turn from gray to black indicating that you have activated that attributed for your query.

Try using Firefox 3, make sure your plugins are up to date, especially Java (www.java.com).

I'm using Firefox 3.5 (default) and IE 7 - neither work. All icons show up as greyed out. I just updated java. Nothing happening. :P

EDIT: Okay, correction. The pocket query I was attempting to edit was one created via a route. If I create a new query from scratch, I can select/deselect the attributes. Is filtering on attributes on a route-based query not allowed?

Edited by EnigmaticSoul
Check what is said about attributes on this link:

http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

Well, that's certainly interesting. It doesn't directly address the question relating to attributes on route-based pocket queries, but suggests that attribute flags included in pocket queries are so buggy that they should be avoided altogether.

Hope they fix it some day soon.

Thanks for the tip, bartrod!