VA cache reviewers

Dot Plotter

After having been a reviewer for nearly 5 years, it is now time to pass the torch. Life is busier. Cache placements are up.

When I first took over cache reviewing for VA/NC/SC from honeychile, there were days without new caches. Not many days, but there were entire days without a new cache from any of those states.

Now you can hardly go an hour before a new one (or two) is submitted. With that said, it's time to add someone to Virginia's reviewer group, plus bring back honeychile.

Please welcome back honeychile and welcome offline.cacher as your new geocache reviewers for Virginia.

For many, this will be a welcome change as it will hopefully improve your response times for geocache reviews. To those I simply say, I apologize for any delays I've had in responding to your questions, cache submissions.

For some it will be somewhat bittersweet as folks have over these 5 years come to rely on me as their sole reviewer. To those I simply say, please welcome your reviewers and know that they have my full support going forward. It may take a little while to work out the sharing for everyone, but many states have more than one reviewer, so it's not something unique nor untested.

It has been a pleasure to give back to this fun thing we do [mostly] outdoors and to help people get their geocaches listed on the geocaching.com web site.

See you on the trail, or in a parking lot, or hopefully at an event :unsure:

I will be around for another month. After that, my profile will contain a link to honeychile's and offline.cacher's profiles, and all the current information contained in my profile page will go away as I won't be able to maintain it (being retired as a reviewer and all). To make sure any new policies are communicated, it would be a good idea to include them both in your correspondence.

It has been a pleasure to serve.

Now please return to your favorite as-yet-unsolved puzzle cache and continue the quest. :)

Dot Plotter

Volunteer geocaching.com reviewer (for this month anyway)

I'm happy to report offline is on the ball. I placed my first cache since 5/24/2001 this week and a coordinate error (of course it was totally intentional just to see if the reviewer was on the ball) was caught. Great job!

Last time I placed a cache, I think all you had to enter was coordinates-short description-long description and the rating system was a topic of discussion. I can only imagine what the reviewers go through these days. Looking forward to you all catching my future errors!

Thanks for the kind words.

I thought at first I'd archive some pesky cache that's been lying around wasting away without an owner and holding up others from hiding new caches in that area.

Instead, my last act as a volunteer reviewer was to publish a new cache:

The Five of Maples by EagleJ1970 (GC1WVWA)

It's been a great ride. Thanks to all the wonderful geocachers I've worked with over the years. I hope to see you at an event near you.

Check out my profile if you get bored finding caches.

:blink:

Got to add a sad frog for this one. From the Shenandoah Valley - thanks so much for all you've done. I can't imagine the workload - and you have always been patient and professional under some tough circumstances. We've never met, so I have to ask something I've been dying to for two years. Is Dot Plotter a guy or a gal?? :mad: