Magellan Triton 400.

I have a Magellan Triton 400 and I can only enter coordinates by decimal point and I can not find how to change it to accept degree. I have found how to convert coordinates when using a computer or loading a cach with the Magellan software (vantage points) but it becomes a problem if we find coordinats in the field and do not have access to a computer. Can I make my GPS enter cords differently? Is there a formula I can use to convert cords on my own? Also, Triton 400 EATS batteries, any sugestions? Thanks for any help, slideways...

Use the up arrow then center select key when using the coordinate editor menu. This will allow you to select the coordinate system to use for entering. You may also want to set the gps coordinate system to your desired Lat/Long accuracy by going to menu>view>settings>navigation. This is with the latest firmware version 1.72.

The backlight eats up batteries. Set the backlight timer or turn off the backlight as needed.

Use the up arrow then center select key when using the coordinate editor menu. This will allow you to select the coordinate system to use for entering. You may also want to set the gps coordinate system to your desired Lat/Long accuracy by going to menu>view>settings>navigation. This is with the latest firmware version 1.72.

The backlight eats up batteries. Set the backlight timer or turn off the backlight as needed.

Deadelm is right. go here http://www.tritonforum.com/forum/index.php...d321f9911048a91 for lots of good info on the Triton.

Edited by ricstone

Thanks for all the help. I got close but just didn't try to open the Lat/Long menu. I have the back light set to minimum, but I can only get about two afternoons of caching in. Is this normal or just this model?

Yeah, the battery life is not good. Make sure you have the latest firmware update. That does help some.

I buy energizers in bulk. Always carry extra ones with you