Cointest

sterni2009

Hello everybody,

today, I am starting a cointest :unsure: For signing the cache logbooks, I wanna have my own self-inking stamp with a creative design, including my caching-name „sterni2009“ (“sterni” is the German minimization word for “star”). The best designer will win the coin. Please only use pictures, designs etc. without any copyright. I am looking forward to the proposals. :)

The coin the best designer will win is the Stone of Rosetta Geocoin Antik Gold. The cointest will end after six days, on Saturday, 11th, at 10 pm MESZ.

Let’s start! :o

Edited by sterni2009

I wish I was good in drawing!!!

I have something in mind...

I found this photo in photobucket....

thvector-graphics-star-smiley-face_.jpg

Now... what I have in mind....

Take this star, and make its eyes open and cute!

Oren the mouth too and give a big smile (without any teeth!)! I wouls love to see some lines between the corners of the star, to show that is shinning a lot, from happiness!!!

Just imagine a star that is so happy that is shinning!!! :)

In my mind the star has the face of a child when is getting a beautiful present, or a candy!!! :unsure: se what I mean???

And at last, you can write your name in a semi circle on the top of at the bottom of the star! Yuo can also write a "Found it!!!", or the unual.. "geocaching since 20.." (Personally I prefer the "found it!!")

I hope my entry will count! Now, if someone can actually make this design it would be great!!!

Oh!!! The star must not have sharp corners but more rounded! ...maybe even more rounded than the one in the photo!

It must look like a harmless, happy, shinny, smilling star!!! :o

Thank you for your cool designs so far! :unsure: Until now, I like the version of JohnMac56 best. John, could you write the "s" of sterni with a small letter and leave out the space between "sterni" and "2009"? Thank you all so far, I am curious about further designs. :)

Edited by sterni2009

Thanks fot this cool cointest :-)

Here's my try:

2f5cdce1-e1ad-4221-ab13-bd4a3b135f29.jpg

Or, something a bit less 'scribbly':

950813e0-ff1e-43cc-a941-bf9a8646f729.jpg

You could change the text of course!

But, if it's going to be a stamp, you'll only be able to use one color. In black and white this design would look something like this:

b5c2e482-23de-400b-ae0d-a08c59b44b81.jpg

You could always take a small yellow pencil with you and color in the stamped picture ;-)

Li-Z

I found in the net 3 photos of a star to see more or less, what I had in my mind when I posted! :o

Sorry , I do not know if you need license etc, but they are good to get an idea! you can put your name near it, above... where ever you like!

I do not know how to do this! Sorry!!! :unsure:

WebSmilingStar.jpg

0439391636_rgb7_xlg.jpg

0439391636_rgb8_xlg.jpg

And something else!!!! .... Happy Birthday!!! :o You had your birthday a couple of days ago right? I hope I read it correctly in the other thread! :)

Here is another one to for you to look at

stetni2009.jpg

Wow, this one with the tail of the star john suggested I could imagine (but tail only for the big star in the middle). Could you or John try that? If I should chose the mixture design, both of you would get a coin, of course. I don't know how to have the tail together with the circle around the big star, but I don't wanna miss the circle... Do you have any suggestions?

Edited by sterni2009

I found in the net 3 photos of a star to see more or less, what I had in my mind when I posted! :)

Sorry , I do not know if you need license etc, but they are good to get an idea! you can put your name near it, above... where ever you like!

I do not know how to do this! Sorry!!! ;)

WebSmilingStar.jpg

0439391636_rgb7_xlg.jpg

0439391636_rgb8_xlg.jpg

And something else!!!! .... Happy Birthday!!! :grin: You had your birthday a couple of days ago right? I hope I read it correctly in the other thread! :P

Thank you for your birthday congratulations :grin: You got it right, my birthday was on July, 3rd :grin: Well, concerning your stars, I don't know how to describe it, but somehow I am a bit frightened of their appearance :drama:

Here is another one to look at

stetni2009v2-1.jpg

Hey clarkbowman,

that design is so cool and so creative! Could you leave out the space between sterni and 2009? and improve the line leading to the edge of the star in the middle of the right side? It does not exactly lead to the edge. I know, I am fussy :blink:

If I choose your design, will you transfer the copyright to me?

Thank you!

Hey clarkbowman,

that design is so cool and so creative! Could you leave out the space between sterni and 2009? and improve the line leading to the edge of the star in the middle of the right side? It does not exactly lead to the edge. I know, I am fussy :blink:

If I choose your design, will you transfer the copyright to me?

Thank you!

Here you go, and Yes

stetni2009v4.jpg

Made a slight revision to my entry:

Sterni2009_Cointest3.gif

I realized that having the star straight up and down made it static, so I tilted it. Plus, the text "Stern2009" was spaced to avoid the points of the large star; it's not a problem with the small star so I evened it out.

Edited by Jackalgirl

Made a slight revision to my entry:

Sterni2009_Cointest3.gif

I realized that having the star straight up and down made it static, so I tilted it. Plus, the text "Stern2009" was spaced to avoid the points of the large star; it's not a problem with the small star so I evened it out.

Your design looks great! I really like the 'swirl' to it. :anitongue:

Hi @ all,

I just want to say that I cannot be on the computer at 10pm today because of personal circumstances. But the cointest ends at 10pm like I wrote it in the entry post. I'll tell you who is the winner right when I will have come back at night. :)

ROFL! Leave us in suspense, why don't you. ; )

Pooh, that was not an easy decision at all... so many nice designs... but I had to decide...

Ok, the moment has come... the winner is... Clarkbowman with his floodlight-design! That is so creative!!! I love the idea. Some years ago, I often used to write my name and draw floodlights shining on my name. So Clarkbowman's design reminds me on that and fits closely to me. Clarkbowman, please email me your adress.

There is only one stamp for me and accordingly only one design but in fact you all are winners!!! There are so beautiful designs you all made, that's amazing and marvelous. A big THANK YOU to everyone who joined the cointest. I really loved it!!! :):blink::lol: THANKS!!!

Edited by sterni2009