question about pq, how are results limited to 500?

redcenterdazza

Ok, so I did a search around a cach GCXXXXX for a radius of 13 miles on traditional caches only.

The immediate search result said it found 500 caches. Question is, how does the system limit the results

to 500. Are the FURTHEST caches from the GZ I selected excluded prior to caches that are closer to the point

at which I started my search? The only other option would be randomly selected 500 results end up coming up. Just curious how the system works.

I think I am just trying to hope that all the caches I was interested in ended up in the results of my PQ.

thanks.

If the PQ has a center point, then the closest 500 are always returned.

*** Note, there is currently a bug, introduced in the last site update, in distance sort orders not being correct that may bias the output. This was fixed, then broke again the next day. Because of this, there is no guarantee that the closest 500 are actually returned, although they do appear to be.

If the PQ has a center point, then the closest 500 are always returned.

*** Note, there is currently a bug, introduced in the last site update, in distance sort orders not being correct that may bias the output. This was fixed, then broke again the next day. Because of this, there is no guarantee that the closest 500 are actually returned, although they do appear to be.

thanks for the info. hopefully, when I get the results I can compare to where I will be and caches I want to get. Just wanted to confirmwhat I thought might happen.

cheers