Members Map

Zef *

Hello All,

Currently I am tracking my travels geocaching with a travel bug called The Big Bad Black Jeep. What I do, and a number of other cachers I have met over the years with thier own coins, is I place and retrieve my trackable into a cache so I can have a good idea where I have been on a map by viewing the trackables map.

What I would love to see is a map for a premium members profile page as to where we have found caches.

Thanks a bunch and keep up the great work.

Untitled.jpg

Take your "My Finds" Pocket Query and drop it into Google Earth.

If you want to share it, you'll have to convert to a simpler format.

That's a great idea if only I want to view where I've found caches. But what if the map would be accessible by your friends list? There are a bunch of different ways of creating a map for yourself. Why not just add the feature. It seems people are thinking of ways of creating their own already.

Edited by Zef *

That's a great idea if only I want to view where I've found caches. But what if the map would be accessible by your friends list? There are a bunch of different ways of creating a map for yourself. Why not just add the feature. It seems people are thinking of ways of creating their own already.

Also a query can only be a maximum within a radius of 750km. I know cachers who have been all over the world and would love to share their trips with people.

Also a query can only be a maximum within a radius of 750km. I know cachers who have been all over the world and would love to share their trips with people.

The MyFinds PQ does not have that limitation. It shows all finds.

The "My Finds" PQ is not limited by mileage. It brings back all 'finds' no matter where in the world.

Your MYFinds query includes all your finds regardless of distance. As to why the site developers don't spend time on this nice to have but not essential feature is because there is a small staff who are working hard on fixing annoying bugs and introducing new highly desired features. This one would go on my list as something that might be nice to have when everything else was perfect. I think that will happen sometime in the next millennium. If it's important to you find a 3rd party solution or design your own. Can you record a video file of a fly by on Google earth that might work? I know someone posted a video of a 3D flyby in Topo 2008 somewhere.

Team Taran

A combination of gpsvisualizer.com, the My Finds pocket query, GSAK and some patience nets this fully-interactive map:

http://iecachers.org/maps/ncfinds.htm

This one seems like the best option. I just keep seeing geocachers making their own programs and websites by the hundreds and see cachers by the thousands using these programs and sites. It seems like it would be a desired feature.