One For The Kids

RandeeBowPeep

I live a few blocks from Richland High School (richland, wa) and I need a quick and easy cache for my 6 and 7 year old cousins tomorrow. I'm new to geocache.com so I haven't quite mastered the technique of finding easy caches, as I've only been cacheing twice with friends who are currently out of town...Any help?

:D Thanks for takeing your time to read!! :anitongue:

I am brand spankin new at this but yesterday my kids and I found our first cache (yay)!

All my kids are under six years old.

When I search for caches for us, I look for a level one for the difficulty AND for the terrain. I chose a cache with a level two or higher container, so there is more of a chance kiddos will see it.

When I search for a cache, I do so with the "view on google maps" feature. There is helpful info such as wether the cache takes under an hour to perform, and if it's stroller accesible. These two indicators are clues for me that this is a trip my kiddos could handle.

Having a few DNF's under my belt :D, I have determined to begin looking specifically for caches inside parks or cemetaries, so that I know chances are slim we will be dealing with busy roads or limited parking.

So far, so good!

Hope this helps,

J

Edited by Cache4Stash

Just as a thought or two but I would go out and find several geocaches first.

You do not necessarily have to use geocaching.com's logged geocaches depending on what specifically you are trying to teach your kids. Hide some using the guidelines of geocaching.com just closer to where you want to walk. Then pick them up as you find them.

Hide some of your own.

Hope this helps.

-HHH :unsure: