I just know this is a silly question...

griswell

And entirely possible it is already answered as well.

I hid our first cache back on 6/30, and listed it for review that same day. It is still waiting for review, with no comments from a reviewer. Does it usually take this long, or am I jumping the gun when it actually averages much longer?

Edited by griswell

Did you check the box to activate the cache?

Also have to think this is a holiday week. Possible that reviewers are out on vacation.

Make sure your home coordinates are also set and correct or your reviewer may think the cache is like 5000 miles from home.

All in all, just have to be patient :)

Did you enable the cache? It is a link on the right side of the listing. If you haven't done that the reviewers wont see it.

Also it is the goal of reviewers to look at a cache within 72 hours. With this being a holiday weekend it may take longer.

I have marked my own home coordinates, and the only thing I see over on the side you mentioned is a link that says "disable listing"...so I guess if I see that, it means it's enabled??

I can post a link to it, although I don't know if it's viewable to anybody until it's approved:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...67-59b635e56a64

I wouldn't worry about it...Holiday in the US, weekend anyway, servers down for a day, your first hide....

I remember how eager and anxious I was to see our first cache published!

If I were you, and if I hadn't heard from anyone by next Tuesday or Wednesday I might email a local reviewer.

Look at the caches in your area and see who they are published by. That's one of your reviewers. Click on his name to take you to his profile.

From there, you should have his contact information. Some may have an e-mail address listed. Some may have you send a message through the geocaching.com website.

All in all, this is the 4th of July weekend along with the website going down yesterday.

Give it a few more days before you initiate any contact though. you just have to be patient.

Look at the caches in your area and see who they are published by. That's one of your reviewers. Click on his name to take you to his profile....

Just to clarify for you...to find them, check out some local cache pages, and view all the logs at the bottom of the pages. The very first one should be the local review who published it (It will say so in the log). This is the guy you want to email.

Look at the caches in your area and see who they are published by. That's one of your reviewers. Click on his name to take you to his profile....

Just to clarify for you...to find them, check out some local cache pages, and view all the logs at the bottom of the pages. The very first one should be the local review who published it (It will say so in the log). This is the guy you want to email.

To further clarify:

Look at this information on recently published caches. Doesn't do you much good to email someone, only to find out they moved to Aruba a year ago >.>

:unsure: