Error when downloading any cartridge

Steve&GeoCarolyn

Does anyone know where to report problems with the Wherigo site? When I try to log in to Wherigo.com I get:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.

There is no row at position 0.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[indexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.]

System.Data.RBTree`1.GetNodeByIndex(Int32 userIndex) +1943315

System.Data.RBTree`1.get_Item(Int32 index) +17

System.Data.DataRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) +11

Groundspeak.Web.User.fillValues(DataSet& myData, Boolean blnReadOnly) +39

Groundspeak.Web.User..ctor(Int64 id, Boolean blnReadOnly) +194

Groundspeak.Web.User..ctor(Int64 id) +18

WebFormBase.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +308

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +663

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

You can report problems here. I submit what problems everyone finds to Groundspeak after I test and write them up.

I'm not sure if they were updating the site when you accessed it. Can you log in today or does it still give you an error? I cannot reproduce your problem. What page were you at when you clicked the "log in" link? If we can reproduce it, I can write it up and submit it.

Link to the cartridge

Same questions to you, too, fmeijer:

-- Are you logged in? (I'd assume so)

-- Which page were you on?

-- What did you click to produce the error?

-- If you selected a GPSr in the drop-down list, which?

I cannot reproduce your problem. I went to the cartridge page, clicked "Download", and chose every GPSr that appeared on the drop-down list. I could download cartridges for all four devices.

Recently I have started experiencing the inablity to download cartridges to my Oregon 300 where I have been able to load them in the past. I continually get the following error message, which being a non-computer tech, is foreign to me. Even when I Google some of the lines, the answers are even more confusing.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, what is causing and what is the cure?

I recently downloaded Garmin's Beta 3.01 software, and it may be coincidental, but that seems to be when the problem started. However, I know of others who have downloaded it to their Oregon 300s and have no problem downloading the cartridges.

Error message that I get -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[indexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.]

Groundspeak.Web.Utils.BaseX.Int2Base(Int32 InInt) +121

cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +264

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Okay, first time user here. I have been trying to download a cartridge. Every time I get to the spot where I selecct my device (garmin 500) and press download now it takes me to this:

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +263

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

Any help??? I have tried 2 others, same thing happens.

I have reason to believe it has something to do with the user name. Groundspeak has already been notified.

I added your user name to the defect. While you are waiting for this to be fixed, please ask someone to download cartridges for you. Should I be notified when this defect is fixed, I'll post a note to this topic.

-----------

Moderator Note: The above was posted to a separate topic. Because it is the same problem, I merged that topic with this one.

I have reason to believe it has something to do with the user name. Groundspeak has already been notified.

I added your user name to the defect. While you are waiting for this to be fixed, please ask someone to download cartridges for you. Should I be notified when this defect is fixed, I'll post a note to this topic.

-----------

Moderator Note: The above was posted to a separate topic. Because it is the same problem, I merged that topic with this one.

Thank you for the quick response! :D

hi i am trying to download my own cartridge http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.a...4a-fd2e7b785ffa the case of the missing golden fish, i tried to do it with my user account and then a friends and when i click downlad on any of the devices this pops up

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +265

it is the first in northern ireland (ulster) so i want it to work.

Which three accounts are they? I'll send them to Groundspeak to add to the list. I hope a longer list will make this a higher priority.

As I think I mentioned before, I requested to be notified when this defect is fixed. Please continue watching this topic. For now, please try to find someone who can download cartridges for you.

Just tried to download the cartridge and it came through just fine. Could have been a temporary server issue.

no i just tried again and the same thing happened with 3 different accounts

any other ideas?

Let me know what cartridges you want, and what type of player and I can download them and email them to you.

I published today Nummelan kuntorata (jogging path) Cartridge. Some cachers are reported the same download problems to me. I can download this without any problems but someone else see the problems:

"Server Error in '/' Application. Index was outside the bounds of the array. ". I have asked someone download the Cartridge them. :P

I've been unable to download just one cartridge (so far) -- Spencer Island for Colorado. Yes, I'm signed in. The following is generated at the top of the page, but the download never starts. I love a good link to it if somebody has it, or an e-mail.

-----------------

Error During Upload

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ApplicationException: Exception of type 'System.ApplicationException' was thrown. at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesEngine.ZonesEngineDll.LuaDoFile(String filename) at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesLinker.ZonesLinker.CreateZonesFile(String luaFilename, String binaryFilename, String cartridgeId, String playerName, Int64 playerId, String completionCode, DeviceType targetDevice, EngineVersion engineVersion, Boolean bObfuscate) at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesLinker.ZonesLinker.CreateZonesFile(String luaFilename, String binaryFilename, String cartridgeId, String playerName, Int64 playerId, String completionCode, DeviceType targetDevice, EngineVersion engineVersion) at Wherigo.CartridgeService.ExtractCompileCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String gwzFilename, String cartridgeId, Int64 playerId, String playerName, DeviceType deviceType, String completionCode, String binaryFilename) at Wherigo.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

12:24p: Problem appears to have been an issue on the CO's side. He's fixed it and I've been able to download it. :-)

Edited by FluteFace

I'm also experiencing this problem downloading my own new cartridge. My user name is GeoJunkie. Also, my reviewer, Heartland Cacher, can't download it either. I'd love to get this fixed as I can't get my cache published without it!

I did use the test compile and everything worked fine.

Edit: Cartridge is A Nebraskache Mystery

Error During Upload

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ApplicationException: Exception of type 'System.ApplicationException' was thrown. at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesEngine.ZonesEngineDll.LuaGetString(String LuaVar) at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesLinker.ZonesLinker.GetCartridgeHeader(String cartridgeId, String playerName, Int64 playerId, String completionCode, DeviceType targetDevice) at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesLinker.ZonesLinker.CreateZonesFile(String luaFilename, String binaryFilename, String cartridgeId, String playerName, Int64 playerId, String completionCode, DeviceType targetDevice, EngineVersion engineVersion, Boolean bObfuscate) at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesLinker.ZonesLinker.CreateZonesFile(String luaFilename, String binaryFilename, String cartridgeId, String playerName, Int64 playerId, String completionCode, DeviceType targetDevice, EngineVersion engineVersion) at Wherigo.CartridgeService.ExtractCompileCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String gwzFilename, String cartridgeId, Int64 playerId, String playerName, DeviceType deviceType, String completionCode, String binaryFilename) at Wherigo.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Edited by GeoJunkie

That was the first thing I tried. I checked that it would compile using the web compiler, then uploaded it again. No errors on the test compile, no errors on the upload, but this error on download.

OK, I tried to download it and got the same error message. Might be that the cartridge was corrupted when you uploaded it. Try uploading the .gwz file to the site again and see if that corrects the problem.

It seems you're trying and this has me interested in the problem and solution.

Can you please send me the cartridge source? I'll take a look at it tomorrow evening and see what I can make of it. If I can't figure it out and get it to work, I can at least ask someone who can. (Though once it's out of my hands, I can't promise anything.)

Sent via PM. As a request if any more work is done on this, it would be nice for the compiler to be able to tell you about these errors. I understand it can't identify logic errors inside the code and crashes may occur there, but it shouldn't be too hard to make sure that the cartridge can at least be downloaded.

Thanks for the help, I really do appreciate it.

Can you please send me the cartridge source? I'll take a look at it tomorrow evening and see what I can make of it. If I can't figure it out and get it to work, I can at least ask someone who can. (Though once it's out of my hands, I can't promise anything.)

I'm also experiencing this problem downloading my own new cartridge. My user name is GeoJunkie. Also, my reviewer, Heartland Cacher, can't download it either. I'd love to get this fixed as I can't get my cache published without it!

I did use the test compile and everything worked fine.

Edit: Cartridge is A Nebraskache Mystery

I had the same error relating to this error. My error was caused by me editing the description on the website, and not editing it in the program. When you download the program, it makes a specialized cartridge just for you. It uses information from the website, and if that information doesn't match the program, an error happens.

Edited by rambudo

I have been following the Server Error in '/' Application error since I recently published a Wherigo cartridge. From what I can tell, this error is affecting new accounts on GC.com. I myself have two accounts, one I created years ago and never used, and a newer one that I created when I finally got a GPS. Whenever I get this error on my new account, I can download the the file with my old account without any issues.

Of those trying to download my program, the oldest account that has gotten this error was created in Oct 2008.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

There was something wrong with the cartridge's declaration. I changed TargetDevice to "PocketPC", BuilderVersion to "2.0.5129.5086", Description and StartingLocationDescription to use square braces, and PublishDate and LastPlayedDate to use an invalid date (.Net's null). This fixed the problem. I could have continued until I whittled it down to one of those, but my lunch break was over.

The ZoneLinker exception tells me it had a hard time parsing the cartridge's code. I do not have any knowledge of the Wherigo.com site's code and inner workings (if I did, it wouldn't be as much of a fun and fair challenge).

There was something wrong with the cartridge's declaration. I changed TargetDevice to "PocketPC", BuilderVersion to "2.0.5129.5086", Description and StartingLocationDescription to use square braces, and PublishDate and LastPlayedDate to use an invalid date (.Net's null). This fixed the problem. I could have continued until I whittled it down to one of those, but my lunch break was over.

A-ha. Earwigo (with which GeoJunkie's cartridge was built) puts its own values in one or two of those fields. If you have another lunch break planned, I'd try changing these, in descending order of plausibility:

- Earwigo's BuilderVersion is something resembling "WWB 0.0.3.2009.08.25". Maybe the download page needs me to lie about this and put in a semi-fictitious Groundspeak builder version.

- To show how the PublishedDate and LastPlayedDate are set, here's an extract from a Lua file which I just generated with Earwigo:

cartTrivial.CreateDate = "10/9/2008 06:11:33 PM"

cartTrivial.PublishDate = "9/4/2009 11:20:57 PM"

cartTrivial.UpdateDate = "8/31/2009 12:34:00 AM"

cartTrivial.LastPlayedDate = "9/4/2009 11:20:57 PM"

Those look OK, and I'm taking care to use m/d/Y hh:mm:ss [AP]M. Unless the download code expects a date in the past? In Groundspeak's tutorial files, I found "1/1/2001 12:00:00 AM" for PublishedDate and LastPlayedDate in ZooventureLevelThree.lua, and "1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM" for the same fields in ZooventureLevelToo.lua.

- Target device should be OK: I use "PocketPC" or "Garmin". But maybe the site has an issue with "Garmin".

- The square braces thing shouldn't be an issue because Lua has already compiled the string to bytecode values. But after 34 years of programming, I never say never. :P

Sent via PM. As a request if any more work is done on this, it would be nice for the compiler to be able to tell you about these errors. I understand it can't identify logic errors inside the code and crashes may occur there, but it shouldn't be too hard to make sure that the cartridge can at least be downloaded.

Thanks for the help, I really do appreciate it.

Could you send me the source files as well? I've got a semi crazy idea that I'd like to test out.

GeoJunkie reports that a combination of:

- replacing quotes with double square brackets on the strings in the cartridge description section

- changing the PublishedDate and LastPlayedDate to 01/01/2001 12:00AM

fixed the problem.

If someone would like to try and narrow that down further, I'd be very grateful. My money is on the dates; I'm guessing that the download mechanism checks for the magic date in one or both fields and uses that to patch the GWC file. If it turns out that the brackets on the strings have anything to do with it, I will be totally shocked very surprised another day older and wiser to ways in which software can get messed up.

I just downloaded each of the cartridges mentioned in the last three posts. No problems at all. Maybe something got rebooted?
This problem should be related to the user's account. Just because you can download a cartridge does not mean the problem is fixed.

No word from Groundspeak yet (I asked as a favor to be notified when this is fixed). All I can do is nudge the issue; I have no power to push it.

I just downloaded each of the cartridges mentioned in the last three posts. No problems at all. Maybe something got rebooted?
This problem should be related to the user's account. Just because you can download a cartridge does not mean the problem is fixed.

No word from Groundspeak yet (I asked as a favor to be notified when this is fixed). All I can do is nudge the issue; I have no power to push it.

Hi There!

Just to add to this issue, I also cannot download GC1PJBB, A Nebraskacache Mystery. I've emailed Wherigo, they've responded requesting more information (I didn't include the cache code). I'll let you know what happens.

Just to add to this issue, I also cannot download GC1PJBB, A Nebraskacache Mystery. I've emailed Wherigo, they've responded requesting more information (I didn't include the cache code). I'll let you know what happens.
I had already come up with a fix for this cartridge. I tried downloading it just now and confirmed the cartridge author has indeed updated the code so it doesn't error as before. Your problem just might be related to the user name issue.

Repost from another thread.

I have a cacher "Bunnyrunners" that emailed me yesterday. They are receiving the same error. They were trying to download my A Tour of Frankenmuth Wherigo. Here is the link to my Wherigo cartridge: A Tour of Frankenmuth

Here is the error they received:

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

Edited by mboensch
I have a cacher "Bunnyrunners" that emailed me yesterday. They are receiving the same error. They were trying to download my A Tour of Frankenmuth Wherigo.
Yeah, this is the error I'm waiting for word from Groundspeak. I sent a reminder to a different person this time.

Bunnyrunners should have trouble downloading more than just this cartridge, right?

I have a cacher "Bunnyrunners" that emailed me yesterday. They are receiving the same error. They were trying to download my A Tour of Frankenmuth Wherigo.
Yeah, this is the error I'm waiting for word from Groundspeak. I sent a reminder to a different person this time.

Bunnyrunners should have trouble downloading more than just this cartridge, right?

Well, one way to test it would be to have the affected cachers try to download some cartridges that we know are OK. I'd suggest Whack A Lackey, Wherigo at the Commercial Slip and one of the J2B2 cartridges.

Well, one way to test it would be to have the affected cachers try to download some cartridges that we know are OK. I'd suggest Whack A Lackey, Wherigo at the Commercial Slip and one of the J2B2 cartridges.

I am not sure on that. But there were able to complete Yougo Wherigo.

I am also getting this error. I tried on both my work and home computers and received the same message. Another cacher I know was able to download one Wherigo cartridge and when I asked him to do it again, he also received the error message.

After reading a few posts I tried to download Whack-A-Lackey and had success. Then went back to another Wherigo and......error.

Edited by Smith4Fun

Per Groundspeak's request, I have supplied the following names as examples of people who have problems downloading cartridges (the Groundspeak.Web.Utils.BaseX.Int2Base error only). If you mentioned a specific cartridge, I supplied that information as well.

• Steve&GeoCarolyn
  • fmeijer
  • oppie3292
  • Brit&Lee
  • gbaman
  • sbellon
  • ptolemayos
  • jskala
  • Dr.A.Colian
  • Bunnyrunners
  • Xtremeskier1978
  • Smith4Fun
  • SSPC
  • fitfinders

I do not need any more names at the moment. To those who have posted of their problems, thank you. Because of this, a clear test case can be developed and it will be much easier to find the problem's root cause.