Activating coins with no activation code?

1stwarrior95

If you know who made them, e.g., Coins and Pins, go to their site and look for activating coins. With the serial #, you'll be on you way. If you don't know who made it, post the coin name here (a pic would help), and there's probably someone who can help you.

I have 2 POW/MIA coins and a Pumpkin one that says "Caching the pumkin patch" on it.

Two of them were made by Coins and Pins.

They still have the little card that came with them. I'm guessing the 3rd was also made by them because it is a duplicate of the POW/MIA coin.

I'll go to their site and see what I can do.

Thanks alot!

Hi, could you please let us know how you retrieved the activation code for hte Pumpkin Coin? We know someone that's missing the activation code. We went to the Coins & Pins site but didn't see a way to retrieve the code. Thanks!!!!

Found the pumpkin code too!

Didn't know it's official name, but stumbled across it by the picture.

It's a geopumpkin.

Postin the pics anyway.

coins.jpg

THANK YOU ATLANTAGAL!

I have two more to activate - one is our very own Scratch-n-Win geocoin,

Apparently this link is not working: http://www.thecachingplace.com/ActivateCode/getcode.asp

and when the person we gave it to try emailing them they aren't responding..... any ideas?

Also, the KING TUT MASK geocoin - any suggestions what site to activate that coin at?

Thanks again,

S-n-W

Hi, could you please let us know how you retrieved the activation code for hte Pumpkin Coin? We know someone that's missing the activation code. We went to the Coins & Pins site but didn't see a way to retrieve the code. Thanks!!!!

Activation code for Caching the Pumpkin Patch is on coincodes.com

Edited by Scratch-n-Win

You'll have to email contact@Groundspeak.com for both codes. The caching place database has been messed up for awhile now and I'm unfamiliar with the other coin. Only KIng Tut coin I know of is the one made by oakcoins, but it's not called king tut's mask.

Is me she's helping with the coins I bought. Groundspeak said they couldn't help me with the scratch-n-win geocoin. The other coin is called Ancient Cultures King Tut (I think)

I'm also trying to get an activationcode from a love geocoin I bought at USAgeocoins, but no answer there yet. Only a few days yet since I've sendt that mail though.

I'm gonna try asking Groundspeak for help with King Tut, but not sure what to do with the scratch-n-win coin

You'll have to email contact@Groundspeak.com for both codes. The caching place database has been messed up for awhile now and I'm unfamiliar with the other coin. Only KIng Tut coin I know of is the one made by oakcoins, but it's not called king tut's mask.

Is me she's helping with the coins I bought. Groundspeak said they couldn't help me with the scratch-n-win geocoin. The other coin is called Ancient Cultures King Tut (I think)

I'm also trying to get an activationcode from a love geocoin I bought at USAgeocoins, but no answer there yet. Only a few days yet since I've sendt that mail though.

I'm gonna try asking Groundspeak for help with King Tut, but not sure what to do with the scratch-n-win coin

For future reference, you should post activation code help questions to this thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...136&st=1000

There are a lot of coiners who follow that thread who might be able to help you.

I know it's so frustrating with vendors going out of business or their databases being messed up. I've recently started retrieving activation codes as soon as I receive/buy a coin so these problems won't occur in the future. Although Groundspeak is supposedly going to start a one-stop activation code retrieval system in the near future.

Good luck!

I've recently started retrieving activation codes as soon as I receive/buy a coin so these problems won't occur in the future.
a couple more good reasons to retrieve activation codes, and keep them with your trackable items -

1. many (maybe most) activation code retrieval sites only allow the code to be retrieved once

if somebody makes a typo, and accidentally retrieves your code, you will have a bit of a problem

A. you won't be able to retrieve it later on

B. if they then proceed to activate the item, then your code will be assigned to them

if you do the retrieval first, that may put a stop to things before they get out of hand

2. if you decide to sell the item later, you can provide the activation code to the buyer

For future reference, you should post activation code help questions to this thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...136&st=1000

There are a lot of coiners who follow that thread who might be able to help you.

I know it's so frustrating with vendors going out of business or their databases being messed up. I've recently started retrieving activation codes as soon as I receive/buy a coin so these problems won't occur in the future. Although Groundspeak is supposedly going to start a one-stop activation code retrieval system in the near future.

Good luck!

Looks like Groundspeak is now hosting some codes. I'm not sure which companies opted out of having Groundspeak host them, but that would be my first stop when I'm not sure where the codes are hosted!

Since Groundspeak have started with the new code system i had to try.

I got the code to the love geocoin and king tut right away ;)

And when Groundspeak itself transfered me to the caching place, then CP's links finally worked for me. I I was able to get code for the scratch-n-win aswell :D

Looks like Groundspeak is now hosting some codes. I'm not sure which companies opted out of having Groundspeak host them, but that would be my first stop when I'm not sure where the codes are hosted!

Just tried getting a few codes through the new Groundspeak page and was able to get all the codes. If Groundspeak didn't have them, the page directed me to the correct site to get the codes from. Pretty cool!

Here's the new page:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/ActivationCodeRetrieve.aspx