mapping the movement of Colorado within zones

matejcik

So there's this one issue that has been bugging me for ages. Folks around here keep repeating that the Colorados (and Oregons) don't recognize shapes of zones. So instead of walking into the zone comfortably, you end up running around like a fool hunting a "zero point" where the Colorado finally displays "here" and you're in the zone.

I'm pretty convinced that at least in Czech Republic, with Colorado 300 and latest firmware, this is not the case.

To prove this, i've written a simple script that can produce a Google Maps/Google Earth .kml file with zone layout and highlighted points where the colorado entered or exited the zone.

(technically, it's three scripts plus commands to invoke them. if anybody is interested, i can upload and show how to use them.)

results can look for example like this. the map clearly shows that the colorado in question entered the zones at their borders and not on some "zero points".

so. if any of you are experiencing the "zero point" problems, please upload a gwl file, along with the details of your device (colorado/oregon type, firmware version). i'll plot them on a map so that we can all see if there are any zero points or whether it is some kind of a very clever trickery from the gps ghosts.

...please upload a gwl file, along with the details of your device (colorado/oregon type, firmware version). i'll plot them on a map so that we can all see if there are any zero points or whether it is some kind of a very clever trickery from the gps ghosts.

That's a good offer, matejcik. I'll try to play my cart "Lost Treasure of the Inca" in the next week or two. Do you need anything else besides the .gwl file? <_<:):yikes: