Out of order distances

Bunganator

These are the PQ results for unfound caches within 100 miles of school. I can't even figure out how they are sorted:

f074fac6-eff9-4f87-b0ed-416b3c563c6c.jpg

It looks like it is sorted by type, then by distance.

Edit to note that the traditionals are sorted by distance, but backwards from the others. How odd!

:) Second edit. I guess my eyes were playing trick on me. As noted, There appear to be no sort order at all.

Edited by Don_J

A quick glance at the original list included above shows that the list is sorted by Waypoint IDs (aka GC Code). They are in ascending order. Whether this is appropriate or not is a different question. But this is how my Pocket Queries have sorted for as long as I've been using them (<2 weeks).

A quick glance at the original list included above shows that the list is sorted by Waypoint IDs (aka GC Code). They are in ascending order. Whether this is appropriate or not is a different question. But this is how my Pocket Queries have sorted for as long as I've been using them (<2 weeks).

PQ's that ONLY have a date range or similar usually are sorted by date or waypoint code, I forget which.

PQ's and other queries that have a center point should (and have for several years) be sorted by distance from that center point.

For this specific example you do appear to be correct but I think that's a fluke and its definitely not true as you go to the 2nd page and beyond.

Yes i'm having the same problem, seems like this happened before about 1 month ago having the distances out of order drives ne nuts..

Thought I would give this one a check with my PQs and other searches based on a centroid. It is odd that I have not had and problems with distance order, ever. So it appears that it is only affecting certain serches or searchers. For everybody having trouble with this I hope this issue is resolved.