LogTB ?

It could be from someone who visited your cache before it was archived... maybe they've recently got a TB to record their geocaching visits/mileage and they dipped their TB in and out of your cache to record that they'd visited it previously...

maybe? :)

If you look at the Inventory history on your cache page, can you tie up the date of the log with the TB which it refers to? That might provide a clue.

MrsB

It could be from someone who visited your cache before it was archived... maybe they've recently got a TB to record their geocaching visits/mileage and they dipped their TB in and out of your cache to record that they'd visited it previously...

If you look at the Inventory history on your cache page, can you tie up the date of the log with the TB which it refers to? That might provide a clue.

MrsB

It was logged as yesterday. 1st July. The cache has been archived over a month???? Also it was a micro (tic tac case) so no way could they have placed a TB in it

I think someone is cheating...

Edited by McDeHack

MrsB

It was logged as yesterday. 1st July. The cache has been archived over a month???? Also it was a micro (tic tac case) so no way could they have placed a TB in it

If they were dipping a "personal TB" through your cache, simply to record the fact that they'd visited it at sometime when it was active, then it wouldn't make any difference what size the cache was. Some cachers like to do this just to have a record of their geocaching mileage. (Admittedly, if this was the case, it would have made things clearer if they'd back-dated the dip to the actual date they were at your cache originally.)

Did they actually log the cache as being "found" yesterday, or just dip a TB in and out of it using a "note" log?

MrsB

maybe? :D

MrsB

If they were dipping a "personal TB" through your cache, simply to record the fact that they'd visited it at sometime when it was active, then it wouldn't make any difference what size the cache was. Some cachers like to do this just to have a record of their geocaching mileage. (Admittedly, if this was the case, it would have made things clearer if they'd back-dated the dip to the actual date they were at your cache originally.)

Did they actually log the cache as being "found" yesterday, or just dip a TB in and out of it using a "note" log?

MrsB

Checking back it seems they logged the 'as found' back in 07. I just cannot see the point in this 'dipping'. But why 'dip' it into all the caches of mine that that they did?

I think this game is getting a bit silly now. Are people making up their own rules of how to play?

Checking back it seems they logged the 'as found' back in 07. I just cannot see the point in this 'dipping'. But why 'dip' it into all the caches of mine that that they did?

I think this game is getting a bit silly now. Are people making up their own rules of how to play?

Personal travel bugs are not uncommon. Yes it is silly and also a very tedious process to keep logging through every cache you find. Trust me, I know. Typically when people decide to create a personal travel bug they back-log all previous cache finds. It's not against guidelines although it can be confusing and a nuisance to the cache owner.

Fortunately you won't see it happen that often.