Afraid of missing a really good cache

GR8Caches

Here is my problem. Just like most everyone else we are busy. So busy we don't have time to look at every cache along a route and therefore we have now developed a fear of missing the really really good ones. We just finished a vacation that took us through 12 states. We did a cache in New Orleans that we all but missed and it was one of those that if you go there and miss it then it would be a real shame. Now I know we missed some other good ones and passed a thousand more but you can't do them all either. So I am hoping some of you can help me avoid this from happening in a couple weeks. We are starting our next trip off in Niagara Falls Canada and then heading to the MidWest geobash from there across the top of Ohio and then up into Michigan before the geobash. I need you to tell me what not to miss. I don't want to go way out of the way but I don't want to miss that one gr8 cache. THANKS!

First, what is your idea of a "don't miss" cache? Second, what is your approximate route? I would guess I-90 along Lake Erie until it meets I-80, but are you going to get off the interstate instead? Do you have an idea of where and how far into Michigan you will be going? Erie, PA is packed with caches of all kinds and there plenty of scenic spots along the lake with caches. I havn't lived there in years, but I'm sure if you provide a little more detail one of the locals will give some ideas.

I don't know if you're into rock music but if you are, I would recommend taking some time to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. It's not a cache but it is, IMHO, worth the $22.00 a head to go inside. We were there last July and I think we spent about 6 hours there and didn't see everything.

My suggestion is create a route on geocaching and read up on them if you have time. I myself am traveling in a few weeks and I did a route with a 1 mile variation from the road and it gave me 85 to choose from. This is a businees trip so I am just picking the ones closest to the highway, so I have some from different states. Hope this helps.