Canada Day Cointest

kini_ont

JULY 1 - CANADA DAY canadaC.gif

We are 142 years young today, celebrations will happen all over Canada from the smallest villages to the large cities. What can I tell ya, we love to celebrate and celebrate we shall, with a Cointest. BeaverInHatThumb.jpg

Canada is known for many things; from movie stars to inventions, statesmen even SAR’s

So this cointest is an easy one, Tell me about my own country! :)

There are three Canadian micro’s, one to go to three randomly selected entries; the cointest will end tomorrow at 6 EDT, each micro has been sealed and awaits an address, the winners will select an envelope, first chosen will have first choice of envelopes.

CanadianMicro2009.jpggeocoin_CANmicro_S.jpgCdnmicro2008.jpg

Other rules: allow 30 minutes between your entries, enter often if you wish and in case of a dispute my decision is final.

OK Happy Birthday Canada let me start you off.

During the 50’s Canada designed and built a delta-winged interceptor aircraft known as the CF-105 (Avro Arrow), why do I mention this, thanks for asking, as a young lad my sister drove me up to Malton Ontario where the Arrow was built and stored, I had the chance that day of seeing this magnificent airplane not one I will forget because that day they also rolled out a cylinder shaped vessel that was identical to an UFO. Both projects were never finished, sad ending to both but something that is uniquely Canadian.

300px-AvroArrow1.jpg

Margaret Atwood a great Canadian Author once stated how she thought it was funny that the beaver was a national symbol in Canada. She went on to explain that this was ironic when put into perspective of Canadian politics and foreign policy; because you see, when a male beaver is threatened by a predator they will chew off their own testacles and offer it up to the predator. Pretty neat eh!!! Unfortunately, the beaver part is only a wise tale!

On a lighter note, hockey, hockey and hockey!!!!! (even though basketball was invented in Canada)

Islander