Canada Day Cointest

kini_ont

POLAR BEAR SCARE

The white hairs on a polar bear are hollow and trap sunlight to help keep the animal warm in frigid temperatures. The town of Churchill is smack dab in their migration path and a fantastic place to do some polar bear spotting.

:D Our first winning post as selected by random number checker, also first to select an envelope :) shall it be 1 or 2 or 3 :o

Thank you! That was fun both finding the facts and reading them!!!

OK do I know what is in the envelope or should I also use a random number generator?

:D I'd like to take this time to thank all those who participated, there were some very interesting stories (my favorites) and facts.

First: GATOULIS, you are my money man, if anyone wants or needs information on world currency he is the man to ask.

#2: Coman123 you win the Canadian Geocacher Rant Award :) if there was one.

and to all a big thank you, many of you put a personal spin on your post and I truly loved that.

Ok now to announce winner #2 :o

POLAR BEAR SCARE

The white hairs on a polar bear are hollow and trap sunlight to help keep the animal warm in frigid temperatures. The town of Churchill is smack dab in their migration path and a fantastic place to do some polar bear spotting.

:o Our first winning post as selected by random number checker, also first to select an envelope :o shall it be 1 or 2 or 3 :D

OK do I know what is in the envelope or should I also use a random number generator?

:o:o:) Your a big girl now you decide. :o

Soon after its founding in 1670, the HUDSON'S BAY COMPANY found it necessary to devise a unit of value that would accommodate Indian bartering to European bookkeeping methods. A Standard of Trade was established, based on the made beaver (one prime beaver skin in good condition). Prices of all goods were set in Made Beaver. Later the HBC issued brass tokens in denominations of one Made Beaver and fractions thereof.

madebeaver.jpg

comparable values in made beaver

item Amount Item Amount

Beads (Coloured) ¾ lb.

Kettle, Brass 1

Lead, Black 1 lb.

Gun Powder 1 ½ lb.

Shot 5 lbs.

Sugar 2 lbs.

Tobacco, Brazil 2 lbs.

Ditto Leaf or Roll 1 ½ lbs.

Thread 1 lb.

Vermilion 1 ½ oz

We have winner #2 Thank you

POLAR BEAR SCARE

:o Our first winning post as selected by random number checker, also first to select an envelope :o shall it be 1 or 2 or 3 :D

:o:o:) Your a big girl now you decide. :o

Does the first picture correspond with envelope #1?

Edited by LadyBee4T

:o I'd like to take this time to thank all those who participated, there were some very interesting stories (my favorites) and facts.

First: GATOULIS, you are my money man, if anyone wants or needs information on world currency he is the man to ask.

#2: Coman123 you win the Canadian Geocacher Rant Award :) if there was one.

and to all a big thank you, many of you put a personal spin on your post and I truly loved that.

Ok now to announce winner #2 :o

:o:D:o I am glad that you found my info interesting! Well... Since I am a coin and banknote (paper money) collector, I am trying to find all info I can! I am collecting since I was 8 years old! ..and I mean collecting as a collector and not like a child who has some coins and is playing with them! ;) I am 34 now so... :o

My dream was to be an archeologist and numismatist! It is still a dream but you never know! :P

hmm... do you have any local currency in your area? :D

It seems that many places are doing this, in many countries! USA, Canada, Mexico, Austria, Switzerland, Germany..... :D

POLAR BEAR SCARE

:o:o:) Your a big girl now you decide. ;)

Well I do know which one I like the best so I hope it's is in envelope number 3 (since I assume you don't know which is which either--sorta like the shell game!)

Ohh Better; Catsnfish you may now chose OR steal from LadyBee4T ?????? :o

POLAR BEAR SCARE

:o Our first winning post as selected by random number checker, also first to select an envelope :o shall it be 1 or 2 or 3 :o

;):P:) Your a big girl now you decide. :D

Well I do know which one I like the best so I hope it's is in envelope number 3 (since I assume you don't know which is which either--sorta like the shell game!)

Ohh Better; Catsnfish you may now chose OR steal from LadyBee4T ?????? :o

Hey I edited that posted to ask a question.... :o:D

Well it is very hard for them to deside!! The coins are so pretty!!

I fell in love with the first one! Is the other side the one with the leafes? WOW!!! :)

Congrats my friends for the win!!!! :o

Thanks Nikos! That's the one I like too and I like the leaves......

I fell in love with the first one! Is the other side the one with the leafes? WOW!!! :)

Yes! It is so pretty!!!

Ok... Canada makes unbelievable good looking coins....but their geocoins are extemelly pretty too!!!! :D

....Is the Beaver wearing an Ice hockey T-shirt???? :o Who is he??? Tselios??? :o

Edited by GATOULIS

I fell in love with the first one! Is the other side the one with the leafes? WOW!!! :D

Well as fate would have it GATOULIS you are winner #3

SO what I will do foe youzzz is send you each a Beaver Dude witj the coloured leaves :o Catsnfish may select any of the remaining two and the other is a Surpise for a post that made me laugh the most :)

Congrat's Winners

No in fact YOUR ALL WINNERS (Ijust wish I had enough coins) :o

I fell in love with the first one! Is the other side the one with the leafes? WOW!!! :o

Congrats my friends for the win!!!! :D

Yes! It is so pretty!!!

Ok... Canada makes unbelievable good looking coins....but their geocoins are extemelly pretty too!!!! :o

....Is the Beaver wearing an Ice hockey T-shirt???? :o Who is he??? Tselios??? :o

Yep its a hockey jersey and he's Beaver Dude!!!! :)

I fell in love with the first one! Is the other side the one with the leafes? WOW!!! :D

Well as fate would have it GATOULIS you are winner #3

SO what I will do foe youzzz is send you each a Beaver Dude witj the coloured leaves :o Catsnfish may select any of the remaining two and the other is a Surpise for a post that made me laugh the most :)

Congrat's Winners

No in fact YOUR ALL WINNERS (Ijust wish I had enough coins) :o

Thanks so much for your generosity!!

I agree too that we are all winners. I learned a lot of fun facts while searching for something to post.

!!! I am the winner #3 ??? WOW! I surelly didn't expect it!!!

That is great news!!!! :D

WOW! you are so generous!!! really? we can both have the pretty coin???? You are so great!!!! :o

I learned a lot about Canada too! WOW! Ok, it is a huge country, but I didn't know that is the second larger!!! I suppose that the first is Russia??

Joe (catsnfish).. what coin have you chosen?? :o

Kini_ont, my frint, shall I send you my address...and ask a small favor??? :):o

Edited by GATOULIS

!!! I am the winner #3 ??? WOW! I surelly didn't expect it!!!

That is great news!!!! :D

WOW! you are so generous!!! really? we can both have the pretty coin???? You are so great!!!! :o

I learned a lot about Canada too! WOW! Ok, it is a huge country, but I didn't know that is the second larger!!! I suppose that the first is Russia??

Joe (catsnfish).. what coin have you chosen?? :o

Kini_ont, my frint, shall I send you my address...and ask a small favor??? :):o

Ask away my friend I will try my best :o if you wish please send it to my email.

I sent an email my friend! :o

Well the favor is nothing hard... I hope :D

BTW... did you know about Ameros??

I read that the goverments are having many secret meetings! I think they met 3 or 4 times this year!

Crisis speed up things! :)

I sent an email my friend! :D

Well the favor is nothing hard... I hope :o

I read that the goverments are having many secret meetings! I think they met 3 or 4 times this year!

Crisis speed up things! :o

I had heard tales of a common dollar for North American but does seem an impossible. But then again isn't that what they said about the Euro :) we'll just have to wait and see.

hmm Glad I checked back here :o how about the winky beaver! He looks like a fun fellow!

This was a fun cointest! and congrats to the other winners as well!!

:D That Beaver Dude is coming your way :)

Edited by kini_ont

Well that just about wraps it up for this cointest :o

All winning coins will be in the mail tommorow :o

Second cointest was easier then the first, on the first you guys had me on the run, this one I could sit back and enjoy reading the posts. Sometimes I wanted to add tidbits but I liked the fact you guys took over and made it your own. Imust admit to that there were some new facts that I learnedsome I knew :o one I'd like to repond to, jasondulac; I knew lacrosse was Canada's National sport because I played it for 14 years and at one time hoped that I would play for the Brampton Excelsiors ;) that didn't happen I got drafted by Owen Sound :D but received an invite to try out for the National Team to play Field Lacrosse (the US and Aussies were much better then us at the time, we were to use to the box type).

I hoped everyone enjoyed playing it sonds like you did :) and I thank you all it was great fun now it is time to go, to close this chapter :o but start thinking of a new challenge for ya all :o enjoy your summer and winter for those in the southern hemisphere, till next time take care and happy hunting :P

Thank you moderators for ltting us have some fun you may close this and the double topic spot (sorry for that)

I sent an email my friend! :D

Well the favor is nothing hard... I hope :o

Crisis speed up things! :o

I had heard tales of a common dollar for North American but does seem an impossible. But then again isn't that what they said about the Euro :) we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't think it will ever happen. Neither the US or Canada will want to give up control of interest rates since the US is a service and manufacturing based economy and Canada is a resource based economy. In addition, the US dollar is used in more than half of all money transactions around the world. If we switched to a common currency, they'd have to share that with their partners. Further, the demise of the US dollar might cause foreign markets to switch to another currency as the currency of trade: the euro, the yen, or the yuan for example.

The US has an 11 trillion dollar debt and is running deficits in the hundreds of billions. Canada on the other hand has enjoyed budget surpluses for the last decade (until this year) and has the lowest public debt in the G8.

Finally, I think that any administration in either country that tried to push this forward would be immediately voted out of office.