G.E.O.C.O.I.N.F.E.S.T. ~ 2010

avroair

It sounds like the Twin Cities is going to be filled with Geocoins next fall, with all the positive responses. Before putting any plans in stone, give us time to get home and shovel out of the blizzard that must have blown in while we were in Salt Lake City. The dates and time are still tentative. We will be keeping the forum and our website up to date.

Congrat's to Minnesota :D

I only have 1 request (I already passed this on to avroair); I'd really appreciate the event being scheduled on a weekend when the Vikings are playing at home :P I'd like to see my team play :DI hope that's not too much to ask.

Sincerely,

tsun

LMAO!!! That is exactly what I told Johnslady56 when they announced that it was going to be held in Minnesota. I had no idea that you were a Vikings fan also, maybe we can arrange a special deal on some tickets for a game while we are there....

Has a date been set for this event? Please do not say 10/10/10 as I will most likely have a scheduling conflict and once again will not be able to attend. :D

CF30

This brings up a good point.

I know that I'm not the only one who mentioned this at GCF:SLC, but I think we all need to have a serious discussion about how the talk of 10-10-10 event planning could potentially kill attendance at GCF 2010.

If folks are encouraged to stay local for smaller events, who's gonna be heading to Minnesota?

That's the equivalent of Jimi Hendrix staying in Seattle for Woodstock. :(

Just sayin'...we oughta look into the potential impact for the sake of the fine folks who are gonna be putting together GCF:Twin Cities. It seems like a foregone conclusion that GCF will have to be on a different weekend now.

Edited by YemonYime

Has a date been set for this event? Please do not say 10/10/10 as I will most likely have a scheduling conflict and once again will not be able to attend. :D

CF30

This brings up a good point.

I know that I'm not the only one who mentioned this at GCF:SLC, but I think we all need to have a serious discussion about how the talk of 10-10-10 event planning could potentially kill attendance at GCF 2010.

If folks are encouraged to stay local for smaller events, who's gonna be heading to Minnesota?

That's the equivalent of Jimi Hendrix staying in Seattle for Woodstock. :(

Just sayin'...we oughta look into the potential impact for the sake of the fine folks who are gonna be putting together GCF:Twin Cities. It seems like a foregone conclusion that GCF will have to be on a different weekend now.

I hope you are right...although the hubby gets all those nifty federal holidays off now, the kids and I do not. Plus I already had a 10/10/10 event planned (at least in my head).

Congrat's to Minnesota :(

I only have 1 request (I already passed this on to avroair); I'd really appreciate the event being scheduled on a weekend when the Vikings are playing at home :D I'd like to see my team play :DI hope that's not too much to ask.

Sincerely,

tsun

LMAO!!! That is exactly what I told Johnslady56 when they announced that it was going to be held in Minnesota. I had no idea that you were a Vikings fan also, maybe we can arrange a special deal on some tickets for a game while we are there....

Born and bred with purple blood my friend (I originally hail out of Minnesota but it's been years...Twinkies (Twins) and Vikes :blink:). I think we could probably find a small group to go together even if it's only preseason. It'd be fun to party with a bunch of Purple People Eaters :o Once we get some sort of gauge on a date, I'll be making my plans :unsure: Let's pray for a good GCF date, lol.

You guys got me all EXCITED that when I got home I would be able to build a snowman, make snow angles and power up the snow blower. Boy did I have a let down! There was not even enough snow for a broom. I could not even make a foot angel. I just LOVE the snow.

We put our bid together using the Columbus Day weekend as we were directed to. We hear all of you. But please give us a chance, to have a kick off meeting with the team. This is our first day back and we are assembling our notes from the event.

Maybe December would be a good month for Geocoinfest, and then we could all make snow angels. Or maybe January, and we could combine it with the Coolest Celebration on Earth, the Saint Paul Winter Carnival.

We will be keeping everyone up to date.

Thanks

NOSNOW

With GCF SLC 2009, 100 days out, it's time to work on the destination for 2010!

I am certainly not having it in my backyard. So where should we have Geocoinfest in 2010. Anyone interested in hosting it? I have a cheat sheet if you are interested.

What it takes:

Team: A leadership team of 3-4 people

City: A destination that has broad appeal and accessible airports

Craziness and Energy: A lil of both!

Past events:

Geocoin Fest Salt Lake City 2009

Geocoin Fest Pittsburgh 2008

Geocoin Fest Multi Events

Geocoinfest Temecula, CA 2007

Nashville, TN - Opryland Convention Center. Tons of things to do in the area, centrally located. Great food, friendly folks, lots of cool small towns nearby - - - like Bell Buckle, and a lot of caches waiting to be discovered.

Already taking a quick look at ticket prices and I might actually try and come out for this if the rates stay under the $300 mark. Find the crappiest motel in the city(maybe not the crappiest) and use the bus system, woohoo! Gecoins all day, caches all night! Can't wait to hear final dates and this to get a little closer