Buckner Creel Survey Mark Web Site

NGS Surveyor

His university web page is gone. He was on a 2-year appointment to National Radio Astronomy Observatory November 2006-2008, working on his PhD, and it looks like the university did a clean-up. He hasn't logged in to GC since Nov 2008 and hasn't submitted a recovery to GC since Oct, 2008.

I'd guess he finished his work there, moved, and is too busy with life to deal with benchmarks at this point. A Google search didn't turn up any leads right away.

Edited by Bill93

His university web page is gone. He was on a 2-year appointment to National Radio Astronomy Observatory November 2006-2008, working on his PhD, and it looks like the university did a clean-up. He hasn't logged in to GC since Nov 2008 and hasn't submitted a recovery to GC since Oct, 2008.

I'd guess he finished his work there, moved, and is too busy with life to deal with benchmarks at this point. A Google search didn't turn up any leads right away.

To bad, I really enjoyed that sight as a resource.

The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine took a snapshot of Buckner Creel's site in August 2007.

There may be some material of interest there.

-ArtMan-

Cool, I started clicking links from the archived site and ran across this PID prefix map showing the US grided off with PID prefixes - There was a thread somewhere in here wondering if there was any rhyme or reason to those prefixes. For my area it seems to match the majority (88%) of PIDs.

They use that map until maybe the late 1990's?? After that they just started assigning unused PIDs from the front of the alphabet as needed anywhere. So your zone may be PDxxxx etc and then you see AA0001 or AE0001 show up, and my MGxxxx zone also has AA0002 and AE0003.