Kentucky trackable question

Ashallond

Hello,

I'm going to be spending a week in Bardstown visiting the inlaws, and will have a few days to wander around and go caching. I've got a few trackables that I planned to bring with me to the area, with the idea of bring a few back, but after looking around, I'm finding cache after cache that 'has' a TB/geocoin listed, but have obviously been moved without being logged. Or at least I hope. I don't want to bring them to an area that has a very high level of missing tb/coins...makes you wonder. I figure I'm just jumping to bad conclusions...but I figured I'd ask.

Anyone that is familiar with the area know of any problems with trackables in the area? Or could point me to a few that you know are there that need to move west?

Thanks. :)

Hello,

I'm going to be spending a week in Bardstown visiting the inlaws, and will have a few days to wander around and go caching. I've got a few trackables that I planned to bring with me to the area, with the idea of bring a few back, but after looking around, I'm finding cache after cache that 'has' a TB/geocoin listed, but have obviously been moved without being logged. Or at least I hope. I don't want to bring them to an area that has a very high level of missing tb/coins...makes you wonder. I figure I'm just jumping to bad conclusions...but I figured I'd ask.

Anyone that is familiar with the area know of any problems with trackables in the area? Or could point me to a few that you know are there that need to move west?

Thanks. :)

I don't know about the trackables issue but if you have the time and the means, I'd highly recommend taking the 30 or so mile drive to Elizabethtown to do the cache "Making The Connection, GCHNF5. It is a most unique multi that took us about an hour to do. You need a cell phone and something to write on. E-town has plenty of other caches too but this one is one of a kind.

I just did some in ETown at Freeman Lake. There are some nice trails. The caches I did were. . . well, average. I only did 5 due to time constraints some I only got a small part of whats at Freeman lake.

The trails however were wonderful. Nice and shady on the east side of the lake (it was hot so shade was very welcome). Lots of other caches in Etown too.

Sorry - but I don't know about any problems with trackables in the area.

Making the Connection was fun.

All in all I got 39 caches done, with a few DNF's, met a very prolific geocacher in the area, and got home about two hours later than I expected.

Found my 200th find during the day.

Thanks for the cache tip. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have done it.

Making the Connection was fun.

All in all I got 39 caches done, with a few DNF's, met a very prolific geocacher in the area, and got home about two hours later than I expected.

Found my 200th find during the day.

Thanks for the cache tip. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have done it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the "Connection". Sounds like you had a pretty good day.