Kathy's Coin

drneal

I hope that seeing this old post for my wife's coin might help to get people's attention.

A week ago, or so, I added a gold Kathy's coin to a list of coins being auctioned off on e-bay, to raise some funds for River Cacher. I mentioned both in the forum post, and on e-bay that I thought that Kathy would be pleased with this.

The auction ended, and the coin did well, raising nearly $40.

Yesterday, Christmas Day, I checked e-mails at about noon and found the following message from the buyer of the coin...

"Merry Christmas Dr. Neal! I just paid for the Kathy's Coin I won, but I have a special request. My request is that you forward my payment to RCs fund and then if you don't mind you may reauction it to another lucky person to generate even more money for RC. Thank you very much. Have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year! "

Kathy would be so very, very proud, and thankful!

ILYK

I received one of these coins yesterday.

The pictures are pretty, but they really don't do the coin justice.

This is a very beautiful coin. I told my wife the story behind the coin's design, and it's only the second coin I've got that she didn't roll her eyes at. She was very touched.

Thanks for the trade, drneal!

I also received one of these beautiful coins from drneal .

I agree with tekkguy - the pictures don't do the coin justice. It is a very beautiful coin and the color is gorgeous. And the story behind this coin is very beautiful and touching. This one will stay in my collection forever.

Thank You drneal :D

I was preparing my traders for the midnight madness event following GW9 and found I only have 2 "Kathy's Coin" left (I thought there were more.) My thanks for all that traded with me, and the kind words that were said about it.

I wanted to announce yesterday (our anniversary, just couldn't get myself to post,) that I am developing a new trackable coin for Kathy, to celebrate the opening of an off leash dog park (the Kathy Lepovetsky Memorial Dog Park,) here in St. Marys. I know what I want on the coin, and will start a new topic as more information becomes available. Oh, and yes, there will be a geocache hidden in the park...it will be the last of my chiro-cache series.

barkingschnauzer.gif

ILYK

I was preparing my traders for the midnight madness event following GW9 and found I only have 2 "Kathy's Coin" left (I thought there were more.) My thanks for all that traded with me, and the kind words that were said about it.

I wanted to announce yesterday (our anniversary, just couldn't get myself to post,) that I am developing a new trackable coin for Kathy, to celebrate the opening of an off leash dog park (the Kathy Lepovetsky Memorial Dog Park,) here in St. Marys. I know what I want on the coin, and will start a new topic as more information becomes available. Oh, and yes, there will be a geocache hidden in the park...it will be the last of my chiro-cache series.

barkingschnauzer.gif

ILYK

That is so nice. Look forward to buying another of Kathy's coins. The dogs will love the park.

What a great tribute to pay to someone you love! Reading your posts and how much you talk about Kathy loving animals I would say the dog park is a very touching memorial and she would have loved it! Congrats on the opening of the park I know that you have worked so hard on opening for the community and in honor of your wife's memory!

I don't have one of the originals (though I think it's beautiful and would hope to some day obtain one)but I can't wait to see the coin that you come up with this time around!

Got mine today. I love it :wub:

As you said it was your last trader and at the same time it was the first trade with our yanagi coin which even has to be minted. Thank you very much for this trade and I'm really proud and happy that the first trade was with your Kathy's Coin

I don't know much about Kathy or the history, because I think I got onto the forums and started collecting coins maybe a little too late. But I have to say that the original coin is beautiful and I feel honored to have one, and the clear love and sentiment behind it just amazes me! I hope to one day find someone who loves me as dearly as drneal clearly loves Kathy.