Colorado software version 2.94 Beta

allory

I wonder if Garmin just has their head up in their.....well you know.

I tried to add a GPX file today and it wouldn't display. It was for a FTF too!

I deleted all of the GPX files and then loaded a new one. No geocaches show!

I don't give a rats patootie if there are workarounds or not. Garmin needs to get this junk under control or they will be buying back a 400t!

They released a shoddy product and made it sound like it was the next coming of Christ. I was excited to get this thing but now see it as only a HUGE waste of money!

I had the same problem. New gpx file would not show up and if I tried to reload a new gpx file I am asked if I would like to over wright the file. Gave up and went back to 2.9

Well with two new models out now the Dakota and the 550 I am pretty sure most if not all of their resources are focused on those devices.

The Oregon has not seen a new firmware in awhile as well.

2.94 has a huge bug and it surprises me that Garmin did not release a new version that at least fixes it, its to say the least strange...

The Colorado is not a bad machine imo, the sofware is what makes it bad.

I wish Garmin would come out with a Colorado 550 as well.

2.94 has a huge bug and it surprises me that Garmin did not release a new version that at least fixes it, its to say the least strange...

They just released a 2.95Beta which they claim fixes the issues with 2.94Beta.

Thanks for letting us know. :D It was about time for them to release it.

Now, I wonder what bug the 2.95 will introduce?

That link leads to 2.94 beta ... I don't find any reference to a 2.95 beta.

I've still got the page up in my browser, it lists 2.95Beta for me. Here's the direct link to the update from that page. Try that, let me know if you get it.

That link works - care to start a new thread about this release with the update details??

That link leads to 2.94 beta ... I don't find any reference to a 2.95 beta.

I've still got the page up in my browser, it lists 2.95Beta for me. Here's the direct link to the update from that page. Try that, let me know if you get it.

That link works - care to start a new thread about this release with the update details??

The new link worked for me ... but can't locate it on the internet so that I know what updates and release notes they made.

The new link worked for me ... but can't locate it on the internet so that I know what updates and release notes they made.

Try clearing your browser's cache, maybe you have an old version of the page stored. When I click the link in my post above, it goes to the 2.95Beta link with no problem.

Here's what the page says:

Change History

Changes made from version 2.94 to 2.95:

* Fixed issue importing GPX files introduced in 2.94 beta. If updating from 2.94 beta, please remove any GPX files from the device before installing software.

* Fixed issue navigating to points.

Changes made from version 2.92 to 2.94:

* Added Waypoint Averaging application. (For more information visit our new Trail Tech website at http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/trail-tech/)

* Added ability to load maps from any img file in the Garmin directory

* Added ability to see a list of points from the map when several points are at the same location

* Fixed hunting waypoint symbols not transferring properly

Installation Instructions

1. Download the self-extracting archive file for your Colorado onto your hard drive.

2. Connect your Colorado to a free USB port on your PC with the correct PC interface cable.

3. Allow your Colorado to initialize and enter USB mode.

4. Unzip the files in the archive by running the downloaded executable file.

5. Follow the instructions provided by the launched update application on your computer.

Hope that helps!

Edited by critterkeeper

Cool to see they are still roling out newer code for the Colorado...

I vote that there should be a new thread for it

Same manner as the last one...

Colorado software version 2.95 Beta

Thanks for posting this guys...

I haven't put any beta code on mine as I only do General Release, but I am watching these updates threads with great interest...

Edited by solo63137