problem with oregon?

A Team Vallejo

I just published a Wherigo it worked fine on my PPc but I had 2 people use an oregon and they said it crashed. they were finally able to get it to work after doing the Wherigo 3 times. So is this problem something I need to fix in my code or is it in the oregon. also how do add the unlock code so people can upload the file after they are done?

As for your first question, I still think it's partly the Oregon. There are ways to get around the problems if the crashes were consistent. The only advice I have is to keep messages short, pictures small, and don't do anything terribly complicated because the Oregon seems a fickle one.

As for your second question, you could use the option to mark a cartridge as complete. It's in that list of other actions you can do, like show or hide things, display messages to the player, ask for input, etc. After you set the cartridge to complete, make sure the players save it (prompt them to save the cartridge before closing it). After that, the player can upload a save game.

If you'd rather have them use an unlock code, you can reference this post:

I had pretty much the same question and yesterday I did a search of the forum for the term unlock . Lots of good information there.

The code can be displayed in a message box at the end of the game using the following Lua code

[[You survived, your completion code is :]] .. Player.CompletionCode

The user can enter this code to unlock/complete on the Wherigo site.