must have

cinaptonod

Hello everybody,

I'm new here cause my homezone is in the south of germany.

So why do I write here?

I'll go on vacation to za for three weeks (in a week), more precisely to Durban. In the second half I'd like to take some time around Cape Town.

Does anyone have some ideas for a good cache around these towns?

I prefer high terrain and or tricky boxes/containers.

Beautiful places with nice hiding spots are also welcome.

Mysteries and nanos are not my cup of tea...

Is there a must have?

kind regards

cinaptonod

Cape town: Kloof Corner easy/Medium/Difficult (GCHHVN, GC1RYEK, GC1RYG7) probably the most serious/stunning high terrain Cape Town caches at the moment. Frodo's Journey GCQKQQ as well. None of them recomended in wet weather or for inexperienced climbers. Traverse...Reverse not in winter... too wet. Top of Lion's Head GC70AE for something milder but also quite stunning: let us know more detail and we can see where we can help. If these don't blow your mind, nothing will.

Franschoek: hard to find - by one of your countrymen GCR2MW Old Bridge

Paarl (blowing my own trumpet) GC1H1D7 O Diamonds and Pearls (slightly high terrain and tricky container)

Edited by the pooks

@ the pooks:

Thanks a lot. That gives me some ideas how and where to look for great chaches.

All the caches you named, offer exactly the searching action that I like. In particular the kloof corner ones. I have to see in what shape the fear of heigth of my beloved "governance" is and how much time we have at the end of our journey.

But you asked for more details. I take it that you mean, were we like to go, dont you?

We'll ariving in Durban visiting some friends, take some time around and go up north along the coast. Take a one or two days stay in Ballito and go on north to St. Lucia and Hluhluwe.

The caches along the road from Durban and around Ballito I have already on the list.

After that we'll go back to Durban, may be stay there for another two or three days and then go to Cape Town. How long we'll stay there is not clear at the moment. We've planned to see one or two of the vineyards and take two/three days to see Cape Town. If there's some time left, we'll like to go up north along the coast again. How far depends on the time we lost on our trial.

and before I drop another brick (could have studied the chaches may be around St. Lucia), i'll add a little more information: class instead of mass and mostly the local cachers know the class.

So if I get a list of 20-30 caches and can sign at least 10 of them, it would be perfect.

@carbon hunter:

shame on me. Could have figured it out myself, but thank you for the sligthly knock on the head...

Edited by cinaptonod

Hi cinaptonod

Unfortuantely, during the time you're here I'll be out of the area and on a holiday in the desert. But, from what you described, you'd do well to look around at the caches in Kloof Gorge. It's a beautiful area with some spectacular views.

However, if you're in St Lucia, may I suggest "Batpoint"? (GCRKXC). To be honest I haven't done it myself, but it was suggested to me and the logs speak for themselves.

Sorry I'm going to miss you. Would've been great to hook up for a day or two's caching. Have a great trip.