I just hid a cache how long does it take to publish it?

depends how anxious you are.

according to my unscientific research, caches for which the hider is in a hurry take two to three days longer than the hider wishes.

caches for which the hider is in no particular hurry get published two to three hours after submission.

caches for which the hider has checked the "yes, this cache is active" box when they REALLY mean "no, but i intend to put the cache out sometime later today" get published ten to fifteen minutes after submission.

depends how anxious you are.

according to my unscientific research, caches for which the hider is in a hurry take two to three days longer than the hider wishes.

caches for which the hider is in no particular hurry get published two to three hours after submission.

caches for which the hider has checked the "yes, this cache is active" box when they REALLY mean "no, but i intend to put the cache out sometime later today" get published ten to fifteen minutes after submission.

:D LOL at that one....

seriously ours took 2 days for it to get processed as active. We have only one adviser up here for the whole of Scotland. Busy lady she is!

Hope your cache is active soon .

jeni

?????????????????????????????????????// :D

1 hour for each question mark you use when asking for how long.

No, but seriously, they are reviewed by volunteers it it will take however long it takes for a volunteer to get to it.

So 37 hours :D

But seriously, somewhere on this site it says the goal is to have every cache reviewed within 72 hours (I couldn't find it after about 2 minutes of searching, but it's there). It doesn't mean published within 72 hours, just reviewed. So watch your email for a note from your reviewer, or check the cache page to see if there's a reviewer note. If nothing happens within 72 hours then you get a full refund of your Cache Submittal Fee.

But as already stated, this goal is not a hard number because you're dealing with volunteer (unpaid) reviewers who have to fit in the reviewing process between the demands of real (paying) jobs, spouses, children, vacations, illnesses, and finding caches. So be patient.

[Edit]Found it. Surprisingly, the information is in the FAQ. :D [/edit]

Edited by J-Way

And you should have received an email indicating the time frame.

Here's an example

This is an automated message from Geocaching

This is a short note to let you know we have received the following cache for review:

Your Cache Name

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...8c6e-e111111111

Listings are reviewed by volunteers. Normally it will be reviewed within 36-72 hours. In the meantime if you wish to edit your cache listing, you can use the above URL or use the waypoint name GCXX12XX. You will need to login first in order to see your cache until it has been published.

I think it depends on whether you are a premium member or not. When i was a regular member it took the three whole days to upload but now that i am premium it takes maybe five hours.

It also depends on whether the cache has problems or not. When you resubmit it, it takes longer because the cache reviewers check the new caches before the resubmitted ones.

I think it depends on whether you are a premium member or not. When i was a regular member it took the three whole days to upload but now that i am premium it takes maybe five hours.

It also depends on whether the cache has problems or not. When you resubmit it, it takes longer because the cache reviewers check the new caches before the resubmitted ones.

Oh knowledge one could you cite your sources? I think some of the reviewers here would disagree.

Jim

Your cache page was just submitted today (June 28).

Adding a "please hurry" reviewer note to the cache page is probably not going to help. On cache pages I review, I pass such comments off as excessive exuberance.

While you are waiting, you may want to check the home coordinates in your profile - fixing that may save you some time.

Oh knowledge one could you cite your sources? I think some of the reviewers here would disagree.

The second point may or may not be correct: different reviewers go through the queue of caches in different ways. Normally I look at the new ones first, but if there's a series of 15 with half being multis, I might just go back to the "held" caches first to see if I can't publish one which was just missing a waypoint or something minor like that.

The first point is incorrect. Groundspeak does not ask the reviewers to treat PMs any differently from non-PMs.

Edited by riviouveur

To reiterate what gpsfun suggested two days ago, it is suggested that you check your home coordinates at this site.

I am not the Texas reviewer, but if I were I would not publish a cache that appears to be over 5000 miles from your home. I suspect that the coords you entered have a typo, so please double check them and correct them if appropriate. If your home coords are correct a "note to reviewer" explaining how the cache will be maintained would expedite the review process.

Please also keep in mind that the cache reviewers have lives too, and likely have a backlog of caches to review following the weekend. Please be patient, though it's understandable to be excited about your first cache hide.

Thanks for your understanding,

erik - geocaching.com volunteer cache reviewer

?????????????????????????????????????// :)

Just a little bit longer, apparently: Published.

Looks like a couple rather experienced cachers had problems finding it, though. If its still there, you may want to think about raising the difficulty rating.

(PS: You didn't REALLY add "please hurry" to a reviewer log, did you? :o Nawwww... didn't think so.)

Edited by knowschad